PDA

View Full Version : Radio Connection problems

yeomanspc
2007-03-12, 05:47
Hi.
I am running 6.5.2 (Mar 11 build) - installed because I was having problems with 6.5.1. (not radio)

I can connect to shoutcast stations and to Alien BBC, but not to other streams (for example SlimDevices picks from uk - like Radio 1 (but works on Alien) or Virgin Radio). I am testing with Softsqueeze. Java v11 installed.

Softsqueeze screen shows connecting, and cycles round. I have changed connection timeout to 15 secs. Same symptoms on SB's too. Any ideas on how I debug this - e.g. which debug flag(s) do I set on for starters.

bpa
2007-03-12, 07:55
It may be a firewall issues - with AlienBBC the connection to internet comes from the PC. PC transcodes and relays audio to an SB. With "native" radio such as MP3 and WMA - Slimserver arranages the connection but the SB has to communicate directly with the radio stations. It's possibel the firewall is blockign the SB from accessing the internet.

Debug flags to try would be d_source and d_directstream.

yeomanspc
2007-03-12, 14:15
I have turned all firewalls off (in router and in server PC)
I am getting Stream not readable errors. I am sending this to an old SLIMP3, but output for SB and Softsqueeze is similar. I also reverted to 6.51 and get same errors. I am not sure what might have changed to make this not work.. it was ok.

This is output from debugger.. Any ideas?

Setting maxBitRate for Lounge to: 320
Matched Format: mp3 Type: wma Command: [wmadec] -r 44100 -b 16 -n 2 $FILE$ | [lame] -x --resample 44100 --silent -q $QUALITY$ --abr $BITRATE$ - -
Using command for conversion: "C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\wmadec.exe" -r 44100 -b 16 -n 2 "mms://wm-peer-emap.london.vrnw.net/magic1054-70" | "C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\lame.exe" -x --resample 44100 --silent -q 9 --abr 320 - -
Launching process with command: "C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\socketwrapper.exe" -o 1814 -c "\"C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\wmadec.exe\" -r 44100 -b 16 -n 2 \"mms://wm-peer-emap.london.vrnw.net/magic1054-70\" | \"C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\lame.exe\" -x --resample 44100 --silent -q 9 --abr 320 - -"
openSong: remoteURL is a song : mms://wm-peer-emap.london.vrnw.net/magic1054-70
undermax = 1, type = mp3, slimp3 = 00:04:20:04:12:d2
checking formats for: mp3-mp3-slimp3-00:04:20:04:12:d2
checking formats for: mp3-mp3-*-00:04:20:04:12:d2
checking formats for: mp3-mp3-slimp3-*
checking formats for: mp3-mp3-*-*
Checking to see if mp3-mp3-*-* is enabled
enabled
Found command: -
Matched Format: mp3 Type: mp3 Command: -
openSong: remoteURL command - type mp3 format mp3
openSong: remoteURL stream format : mp3
stream not readable
Pipeline reader connected
We need to send 0 seconds of silence...
sending 0 bytes of silence
stream not readable
We need to send 0 seconds of silence...
sending 0 bytes of silence
readlen undef: (Unknown error)10054
end of file or error on socket, opening next song, (song pos: 0(tell says: . 0), totalbytes: )

bpa
2007-03-12, 14:45
Error 10054 is typically a security app (Firewall, AV) affecting socketwrapper. This happens even if firewall is disabled - just installed but the fact that AlienBBC works means that may not be the reason.

What security s/w have you installed ?

yeomanspc
2007-03-12, 15:50
Running on WinXP Pro with all security disabled.

Zone Labs Inegrity client as firewall (Terminated for debug), and Symantec AV (v.10 corporate) - auto protect disabled for debug.

Vigor 2910 Dual WAN router with all firewall filters off (for debug) through bridge modems to 8mb lines.

Radio timeout 10seconds, and buffer= 20secs.

Can stream stations to Media Player on Slimserver PC ok.

bpa
2007-03-12, 16:16
ZoneAlarm messes up socketwrapper just by being installed. I don't understand how AlienBBC could still be working but the normal fix for socketwrapper problem with ZoneAlarm is to replace socketwrapper by the following version so it worth trying.
http://homepage.eircom.net/~altondsl/slim/socketwrapper_0.12_20060220.zip

1. Make sure no stream is playing
2. Download and unzip into a temporary areas.
3. Save current socktwrapper.exe in case you need to revert
4. Copy new unzipped Socketwrapper.exe into the server Bin/MS-Win32 ... directory
5. Tell ZoneAlarm or whatever firewall that socketwrapper is a trusted app.
6. Try again

yeomanspc
2007-03-12, 17:43
So.. done all that and still no joy:-(.
Took zone alarm off the sytem (de-installed) .. same behaviour.

Installed Slimserver and sofsqueeze on 'almost' identical other pc on same network and works ok (so problem is in the server pc, not in the router firewall or connection).

Will try de-install of slimserver (and delete directories etc) with clean install again.
Thanks for your help

yeomanspc
2007-03-13, 07:23
Cleaned everything off the system and did (another) fresh install.. seems to be working now, but really not sure why. Also changed firwall to Symantec so maybe it was zone labs.