PDA

View Full Version : Philips SRU9600 remote control: how to get it work with SB3?

Zee
2007-03-10, 14:37
I have a Philps SRU9600 universal remote control. A very nice device, but I can't get it working with my SB3.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Mark Lanctot
2007-03-10, 15:03
Does it have JVC DVD player codes? Try those.

Zee
2007-03-10, 15:11
You're a genius Mark! This works!!! Thanks!!

Next challange: I also have a Krell KRC-HR preamp. Anyone knows how to get this baby working with the SRU9600 ?

Mark Lanctot
2007-03-10, 15:15
You're welcome.

Next challange: I also have a Krell KRC-HR preamp. Anyone knows how to get this baby working with the SRU9600 ?

Now THAT I can't help you with. We may want to think along the same lines though - what I suggested for the SB worked because Slim Devices shares IR codes with JVC DVD players. It may be the same case here - small manufacturers may implement their own IR codes, but it makes more sense to borrow a larger manufacturer's codes because they are more widely supported with universal remotes.

Otherwise, most universal remotes have a learning function.

Zee
2007-03-10, 15:20
Yep, I guess Krell also uses a 'standard' code set of another brand, I only don't know which.
I already sent an email to Krell customer support but haven't got an answer yet.
I tried the learning function but without success. Well, that says more about me then about the remote because I also tried the learning function for the SB3 and that also didn't work. I'm therefore very glad you could suggest this JVC code set!

amcluesent
2007-03-10, 16:33
Try Remotecentral for the Krell codes.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?kw=krell&fc=--&area=pronto&db=&br=&dv=&dt=&so=