PDA

View Full Version : Transporter using coax, worth it, or SB3?

plasmatico
2007-03-07, 18:21
I am interested in the Trasnporter, but I would be using the coax out and all I've heard how good the DAC in the T is. Would I be missing out? How do you compare the T and SB3 when using digital out?

Also is the Transporter still bundle with a SB3?

TIA.

azinck3
2007-03-08, 08:21
I am interested in the Trasnporter, but I would be using the coax out and all I've heard how good the DAC in the T is. Would I be missing out? How do you compare the T and SB3 when using digital out?

Also is the Transporter still bundle with a SB3?

TIA.

This is going to come down to personal taste. There's a pretty good consensus amongst objectivists that, once you get to the level of quality of the digital coax output on both the SB3 and Transporter that there's virtually no audible difference in quality. You will find a good many subjectivists, however, who make claims to the contrary.

If you were to buy the transporter then why wouldn't you use the transporter's DAC?

My inclination would be to say that if you're not planning on using the Transporter's DAC then you should buy an SB3 and put the extra money towards your DAC, amp, or speakers.

I should add that I've never heard nor seen a transporter in the flesh. My comments only come from my experience with other audio gear, reading, etc.