PDA

View Full Version : Locked out of my own Slimserver (password in prefs)?

ModelCitizen
2007-03-06, 14:50
I've just set up a a username and password for access to my SlimServer. I must have mistyped it as I can't now access my own SlimServer.
Is there some place in SlimServer.pref where I can remove the protection? If so, where?

No, I am not embarrased.

Thanks

MC

JJZolx
2007-03-06, 15:01
I've just set up a a username and password for access to my SlimServer. I must have mistyped it as I can't now access my own SlimServer.
Is there some place in SlimServer.pref where I can remove the protection? If so, where?

I see entries in my prefs file of:

password: ''
username: ''

I'd be willing to bet that's it.

ModelCitizen
2007-03-06, 15:17
Do you have a password and username set up for your SlimServer JJ?

All I can find on a search in my SlimServer.pref for "password" are two entries:

csrfProtectionLevel: 1
dbpassword: ''
dbsource: dbi:mysql:hostname=127.0.0.1;port=9092;database=%s

and

noGenreFilter: 0
persistPlaylists: 1

Neither or them look like the thing I think I'm looking for.... and if they are... I have no idea what to do with them!

MC

JJZolx
2007-03-06, 15:29
Do you have a password and username set up for your SlimServer JJ?

No, but I just tested setting a password. There's another field - authorize - that enables it. Just set it to 0 and it won't matter what the username and password are.

authorize: 0

ModelCitizen
2007-03-07, 00:50
Thanks a lot for this JJ. I've now got access to my SlimServer, but not in the way one might expect. I searched SlimServer.pref for "authorize" and found:

allowedHosts: 127.0.0.1,192.168.1.10
artfolder: ''
audiodir: ''
authorize: 0
browseagelimit: 100
bufferSecs: 3

I would have expected authorise to be set to 1, not zero.
I stopped SlimServer and reset it to 1, re-started SlimServer but was still locked out. I then stopped SlimServer again and changed "authorize" back to zero. This time when I restarted SlimServer I had access.

Unles there's something unseen going on it looks like there may be some sort of bug around this area.

I still don't understand why my SlimServer.pref does not have a simple listing:

username: ''

whereas yours does. I'm on 6.5.2 on Windows. Maybe your version is different?

Anyway, again, thanks.

MC