PDA

View Full Version : can't get Fishbone's "remove from playlist" functions to work

nico
2007-03-06, 12:25
Hi,

Am I doing something wrong/silly?

Whether random play, or explicit playlist, can't get the

Artist [X] (Remove from playlist) or
Album [X] (Remove from playlist)

features to work. I click on the X link, and basically nothing happens. Nothing is removed from the playlist; current song continues to play.

But zapping a playing song via [zap] works OK.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Nick

VERSION INFO:
SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11206 - solaris - EN - utf8
Server IP address: 192.168.253.2
Perl Version: 5.8.4 i86pc-solaris-64int
MySQL Version: 4.1.9-standard

kdf
2007-03-06, 12:32
The links will not work in 6.5.1, but they are fixed in the nightly
builds of 6.5.2:

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_nightly.html

-kdf

nico
2007-03-06, 13:11
Cool, thanks!

nico
2007-04-15, 12:59
Hi,

Been running with `SlimServer Version: 6.5.2 - 11599 - solaris - EN - utf8' for a month now and am stoked that the "[X] (remove from playlist)" functions are working!

I have some additional usability feedback to provide when using this feature in combination with random mix album play mode.

Random mix mode has a setting "Now Playing will show X upcoming songs and Y recently played songs." This works OK in random song mode, but in random album mode, I can only get 1 album at a time "queued" in the playlist for playback no matter what numbers I use for X and Y. When the entire album is finished, then the next random album is added to the playlist. So the above setting (based on songs) is not exactly working or perhaps even relevant. Perhaps it may be better to have "Now playing will show X upcoming ALBUMS and Y recently played ALBUMS." instead?

So the problem is, if the current random album playing is not to your liking and you zap the album with the "[X] - Remove from playlist" feature, rather than going to the next random album, playback completely stops because there is no "next" album in the playlist.

On reflection this is probably an issue with the Random Mix functions rather than any issue with the Fishbone skin.