PDA

View Full Version : Music (both mp3/internet radio) won't start in "now playing"

-Stef-
2007-03-04, 08:05
I have my (wireless) SB3 for 3 weeks now and I am learning more and mre about every day but today after listening to some internet radio stations for about 4 hours I wanted to switch to another station and my SB never sang a song since.

I notice that when I tune in on a station and press, play the player's display (and the web UI) shows that the station is playing but I hear nothing, not even when I turn the volume up.

When I go to my MP3 files (on a Windows 2000 laptop) via SS, I can pick a song but when I want to play it it show in "now playing" but my SB3 cannot start it. The amount of time playing stays zero and the amount left stays at the full duration of the song. No matter how many times I press play on my remote.

I didn't alter my audiosetup (nor pressed the mute button) before the failure appeared so it must be a software setting I guess.

Weird thing is that that both laptop and SB3 see each other but only the sound is failing.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Mark Lanctot
2007-03-04, 09:42
Similar thread, with fix, here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=33257

-Stef-
2007-03-04, 09:53
Similar thread, with fix, here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=33257

Thanx Mark, holding the remotes standby button untill the startup logo appeared did it!

I never found that thread in my desperate search on this very informative forum site.

Mark Lanctot
2007-03-04, 10:03
Thanx Mark, holding the remotes standby button untill the startup logo appeared did it!

I never found that thread in my desperate search on this very informative forum site.

Glad you fixed it!

I can understand that a search may not turn up anything in this case, or that it might be buried in 500 results. Although it's generally adviseable to search beforehand, with a problem like this, what would you search for? "play"? "not play"? "stuck?" It's the general problems that are more difficult to search for. :-)

-Stef-
2007-03-04, 10:14
Glad you fixed it!

I can understand that a search may not turn up anything in this case, or that it might be buried in 500 results. Although it's generally adviseable to search beforehand, with a problem like this, what would you search for? "play"? "not play"? "stuck?" It's the general problems that are more difficult to search for. :-)

Exactly, good thing there are diehards on this forum that are willing to reach a helping hand.