PDA

View Full Version : Add to playlist plugin

timmoss
2007-03-04, 06:06
Is there a way to add the currently playing song to a chosen playlist?

I'd love to be able to gradually sort out my collection into "mood" playlists e.g. party, mellow, ambient and drop the currently playing song (assuming I like it) into a playlist I'd previously setup

maybe by pushing and holding a button on the remote
e.g. 7 8 or 9 drop the song into one of three playlists configured on the server

davep
2007-03-04, 07:31
Take a look here http://www.hergest.demon.co.uk/Music/slim/PlaylistManPlugin.htm

This works for me but seems not to do so if you also have TracStat installed.

davep

Philip Meyer
2007-03-04, 12:09
>Take a look here
>http://www.hergest.demon.co.uk/Music/slim/PlaylistManPlugin.htm
>
>This works for me but seems not to do so if you also have TracStat
>installed.
>
This is a known issue with my plugin - it's because currently Slimserver API only allows one plugin to override a key, no matter what the type of keypress is (single press or hold, etc).

It is possible to manually edit a custom keymap file to instruct slimserver to invoke the PlaylistMan plugin when add.hold is pressed. This will then work alongside TrackStat.

I can't remember the syntax of the file at the moment; I'll post it later if you are interested.

Phil

Philip Meyer
2007-03-04, 16:54
>I can't remember the syntax of the file at the moment; I'll post it later if you are interested.
>
Inside your slimserver installation folder go to .\server\IR\, and create a file called custom.map.

Inside the file, enter:

[playlist]
add.single = add
add.hold = addmenu

Then, from the web UI, go to your player settings -> Remote and select Custom from the Remote Button Functions drop down list.

These definitions will override the standard remote control functions (any commands not specified will use the standard functionality).

addmenu is the PlaylistMan menu. This replaces the standard "zap" command. You can swap the .single and .hold functions over if you like.

Phil

erland
2007-03-06, 11:35
>Take a look here
>http://www.hergest.demon.co.uk/Music/slim/PlaylistManPlugin.htm
>
>This works for me but seems not to do so if you also have TracStat
>installed.
>
This is a known issue with my plugin - it's because currently Slimserver API only allows one plugin to override a key, no matter what the type of keypress is (single press or hold, etc).
Phil, did you write a feature request regarding this so our plugins wouldn't collide as long as they are using different buttons or different type of keypress ?

Philip Meyer
2007-03-06, 13:56
>Phil, did you write a feature request regarding this so our plugins
>wouldn't collide as long as they are using different buttons or
>different type of keypress ?

I don't think I filed an enhancement request.

Instead, I added information to my web site detailing how to manually configure a custom IR map.

Phil

timmoss
2007-03-25, 14:29
Thanks guys - I'll give it a go.
Might even try customising it so that 7 8 and 9 add to the three playlists it supports might be all I need