PDA

View Full Version : Titles doubled

michel
2007-03-03, 00:24
Titles one of my linked drives suddenly show up as doubles in slimserver 6.5.1.
I did numerous rescans (deleted cache) to no avail.
When I trried yesterdays nightly I get double albums of most of my collection.
I a using SS now for nearly a year without a glitch.
Now, after restructuring my database (alphabetic sorting for multiple disks A-h, I-Q etc.) I am in a mess.

netim3
2007-03-03, 00:41
This happened to me with a Mac Mini and a network drive. It was something to do with the 'Music Floder' name being case sensitive, or refering to the shared drive a slightly different way. What works for me now is /Volumes/[DRIVE]/[Folder]

Good luck.

michel
2007-03-03, 01:48
Problem found: there was a second link to this drive in an album folder! Cannot imagine how it got there.
Stupid me!

johnc_22
2007-03-23, 09:27
This has happened to me. I just realized it today and everything was fine yesterday. Now when I scroll through my discs via SoftSqueeze I see each album twice. Nothing else has changed. I'm running on winxp pro so I don't see how I could have set up a symbolic link or anything like what you might be able to do in linux or other O/S's. When I use the Slimserver web interface it also shows that my music collection has mysteriously doubled overnight in size.

I've had it delete and rescan everything but I get the same result. Any ideas?

Here's what I'm running:
VERSION INFO
SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11206 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.0.102
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

snarlydwarf
2007-03-23, 09:33
This has happened to me. I just realized it today and everything was fine yesterday. Now when I scroll through my discs via SoftSqueeze I see each album twice. Nothing else has changed. I'm running on winxp pro so I don't see how I could have set up a symbolic link or anything like what you might be able to do in linux or other O/S's. When I use the Slimserver web interface it also shows that my music collection has mysteriously doubled overnight in size.

Windows may not have Symlinks, per se, but a Shortcut is virtually the same thing.

Are you using something like iTunes or MusicIP and have SlimServer updating from that? If the path names are not exactly the same, that can lead to duplicates too.

Likewise, playlists can do something similar.

johnc_22
2007-03-23, 09:40
Windows may not have Symlinks, per se, but a Shortcut is virtually the same thing.

Are you using something like iTunes or MusicIP and have SlimServer updating from that? If the path names are not exactly the same, that can lead to duplicates too.

Likewise, playlists can do something similar.
Wow, you rock! I did finally crack and buy an iPod last weekend and sure enough the default in the slimserver config was to use iTunes which really I don't want since I prefer to keep the two separate (they both contain my entire collection anyway). I guess my eyes just ignored that option because I never even really considered why I'd want to use it until now.

Thanks so much for the quick response - I've turned that off and I'm sure a rescan will clear this up now.