PDA

View Full Version : Are playlists cached?

mikelis
2007-02-27, 20:18
I'm trying to hand edit a playlist but none of my changes are being taken by slimserver. i'v tried renaming the playlist and event deleting it but it still shows up in the playlists option in slimserver. this is driving me nuts. i've searched everywhere and the playlist does not exist in the server but still shows up. i've staopped and restarted the server but the same old playlists show up. what is going on here? i am running the latest build of SS. my playlists folder shows X:\My Documents\My Music Playlists in server settings but it is empty now but still shows playlists when the playlist menu item is selected

azinck3
2007-02-27, 20:28
I'm trying to hand edit a playlist but none of my changes are being taken by slimserver. i'v tried renaming the playlist and event deleting it but it still shows up in the playlists option in slimserver. this is driving me nuts. i've searched everywhere and the playlist does not exist in the server but still shows up. i've staopped and restarted the server but the same old playlists show up. what is going on here? i am running the latest build of SS. my playlists folder shows X:\My Documents\My Music Playlists in server settings but it is empty now but still shows playlists when the playlist menu item is selected

Go to server settings--you need to rescan (probably clear database and rescan)

mikelis
2007-02-28, 15:49
I needed to shut down the server and delete the database becuase a rescan did not work. is this the only way to manually create/change a playlist?

Mitch Harding
2007-02-28, 17:05
Rescans have always worked for me.

On 2/28/07, mikelis <mikelis.2mqltb1172703001 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> I needed to shut down the server and delete the database becuase a
> rescan did not work. is this the only way to manually create/change a
> playlist?
>
>
> --
> mikelis
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> mikelis's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1084