PDA

View Full Version : Vista 64 Bit ACC encoded files

gasman
2007-02-27, 12:39
Hi There

I am new to the forum, but i've had my SB3 for over a year. I installed Vista 64bit, managed to get slimserver to work just fine. Only one problem, some of my music was ripped in AAC. Now slimserver will play mp3 files no problem, but the AAC encoded files will not play at all. They are not DRM protected files, just my CD's ripped in AAC.

I've tried the recommendations about installing iTunes and slimserver and doing a clean rescan, no go. Installing Lame to transcode to mp3, still no joy. Tried transcoding to flac, but this doesn't work either. WTF!!!

Can anyone help? Coz this is the only major gripe I have with vista.

Thanks

Mark Miksis
2007-02-27, 13:10
Just to confirm, these AAC's played fine before you installed Vista-64? What was your previous OS?

gasman
2007-02-27, 14:21
I Was using win XP Service pack 2. I had the same problem before I installed vista. They played fine for a round 1 year, but then stopped working.

These files currently play fine on my ipod and on iTunes, under vista 64bit.

beesoft
2007-03-03, 02:12
Hi,
I have the same problem on Vista 32-bit Ultimate as well. I have MP3 encoded files but a lot AAC (unprotected, of course) as well. Everything is working fine on WinXP SP2 with SlimServer 6.5.x.

I could manage to get SlimServer 6.5.1 running on my Windows Vista system by adding the ports 3483/tcp/udp and 9000/tcp to the Windows Firewall exceptions. MP3 files are just working fine but not the AAC files.

It looks like the programs e. g. mov123.exe (located at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread) doing the transcoding do not work on Windows Vista.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Matt Shelton
2007-03-31, 10:26
Wow, I'm having the absolutely identical problem with Vista 32-bit. Has anyone found the solution?