PDA

View Full Version : DHCP server problems

sdc
2007-02-26, 13:02
My SB3 has worked fine for about 12 months. Over last few days has been droping connection to SN and SS.

Now I cannot connect to either SN or SS. The SB3 finds my wireless network and reports that it has connected and then fails to assign an IP address - reports that cannot find the DHCP server.

SB3 has firmware 76 and using a BTHomeHub.

Any suggestions about why this has suddenly happened or how to cure.

Thanks

PS still appears to connect to SN and SS using a direct ethernet cable connection

Mark Lanctot
2007-02-26, 13:17
Maybe you have a new source of wireless interference, which is reinforced by the fact that the problem goes away when you switch to wired.

Check http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?NetworkProblemsSecondGuide

sdc
2007-02-26, 15:03
[QUOTE=Mark Lanctot;183765]Maybe you have a new source of wireless interference, which is reinforced by the fact that the problem goes away when you switch to wired.

Thanks for the reply.

I have my SB3 next to my wirless router while I try to resolve this problem - reports 98-100% signal strength. but i have tried various channels and used 'network stumbler' to find a channel that is not in use by any of my neighbours. All to no avail.

snarlydwarf
2007-02-26, 15:18
My guess is failing authentication. Is the method on the SB and Router consistent?

Is the key consistent? It is a pain in the butt to enter the key manually and a typo or trailing space will make a difference. "Password " and "Password" are not the same.