PDA

View Full Version : Delete music library?

cruster
2007-02-25, 22:14
Is there a way to delete my existing music library? Running OS X 10.4.8, SlimServer 6.5.1. My iTunes library has been corrupted and rebuilt a few times - SlimServer is showing 3 and 4 duplicates sometimes of albums, and it's showing a lot of things that have been deleted out of my iTunes library...they exist elsewhere but not to iTunes, and I've got SlimServer set to only look to iTunes. Yet...there they are. I have a LOT of MP3s for social events but the stuff *I* listen to is all in my iTunes library so I only want to use that stuff. Is there a way to rebuild or reset?

ceejay
2007-02-26, 15:39
How about Server Settings - Rescan - Clear library and rescan everything?

Ceejay

cruster
2007-02-26, 20:14
To you sir, I would offer the classic - and appropriate - "Duh!"
Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks!!

Aztek
2007-02-26, 20:43
The other way I use when I want to make absolutely sure I get a clean scan is to delete the cache directory under the Slimserver parent directory. You do need to shut down Slimserver before you delete the cache directory. Once it is deleted - you start Slimserver and it automatically does a rescan. Maybe it's overkill but it's worked for me.

Good luck

cruster
2007-03-03, 23:54
Well...I told it to clear and rescan. It hasn't worked since. SlimServer won't stay running. My SB won't connect. Any ideas...?

ceejay
2007-03-04, 04:20
Well...I told it to clear and rescan. It hasn't worked since. SlimServer won't stay running. My SB won't connect. Any ideas...?

Its very unlikely that the rescan had anything to do with your other problems. For a start lets get things fixed in the right order.

First you need to be able to get slimserver running continuously. If it starts and then stops, you need to look at some output. Try starting it from a command line prompt and see what messages you get.

It might be a good idea just to start with to point SS at a small (non-itunes) library of a couple of albums to eliminate any other issues like port conflicts or dodgy plugins.

Once you have SS running properly its time to look at the rest, like your iTunes connection and getting the SB to connect.

Ceejay

cruster
2007-03-04, 12:19
I'll try the command line and see what happens. The only odd thing is that I've not had any problems with it since I went to an earlier build of 6.5.1 a couple of months back. It's been running straight through since then.