PDA

View Full Version : iTunes/JRMC Volume Adjustment and Slimserver

MeSue
2007-02-25, 19:26
Does anyone know if iTunes for Mac writes volume adjustment info into the tags of your files, or does it just store that info in its database? If it's written to the tags, does anyone know how to remove it?

Here's the reason I ask...

I have all my files (MP3) on a network drive. I had done Replay Gain analysis with J River Media Center and SlimServer could read it. Everything was great as far as volume when listening on the Squeezebox.

In November I got a Macbook Pro, and before I knew what I was doing, I had imported some of my music from the network drive into iTunes on the Mac. I noticed it was doing some volume analysis and stopped it, but not before it had done an unknown number of files. Ever since then, when I listen to my music through Squeezebox, I am always having to adjust volume up and down, so I suspect iTunes might have done something to the files.

Then again, it is also possible that something changed in SlimServer where it stopped using JRMC's replay gain. I know I have updated it several times in the past few months.

I'm just not sure how to figure out what the culprit is, and how to fix it. Any suggestions?