PDA

View Full Version : The music stopped!



dansumption
2007-02-24, 07:27
I am using a Squeezebox2 and running SlimServer 6.5.1 on Windows, I've been using it succesfully (and before this, a SliMP3) for several years.

Recently, the music has stopped. In the past when I've had problems like this, it seems to be down to network problems between the player and server, or excessive server load, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

I can browse the library from the server or the player without any delay, I can select any song, album or artist, and add them to a playlist, the song details will appear on the player's "Now Playing" screen, but it never actually plays the song: the progress bar doesn't move along at all, the VU meter shows no sound being played, obviously I cannot hear anything being played, and if I leave it, it will show as "playing" the same song all day long without ever moving on to the next song in the playlist.

I have checked that it's not paused, and I have restarted the server, but I can't think of anything else which could be causing this. Advice, please?

ceejay
2007-02-24, 08:06
What file type?

dansumption
2007-02-24, 09:59
MP3

(blah blah blah plus more blah to make this post long enough to be acceptable to the forum blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah )

SlimPvC
2007-02-24, 12:22
I have noticed this behaviour on 6.5.1 too, a few times. "Now Playing" on the display, but no sound and no progress. Obviously contact between server and squeezebox, but no sound.
Have not been able to find any cause or solution. Same version works OK in my home situation. I'm suspecting firewall settings, but will have to check this out.

Mark Lanctot
2007-02-24, 14:41
Go to Server Settings - Debugging. Select "d_source", 'play' a few tracks then post the log output, obtained by clicking the 'here' link at the top of the debugging page, last word in the initial paragraph.

dansumption
2007-02-25, 07:35
OK, I fixed it - unplugged the power from the Squeezebox and then plugged it back in. Should have thought of that before, but as the Squeezebox was obviously communicating OK with the server, and as I had turned both Squeezebox and server on and off, I didn't think of killing the power.