PDA

View Full Version : Fixing memor leak

FCLymond
2007-02-24, 06:25
Hi.

I am running 6.5.0 in Windows XP. I use the XM plugin , Alien BBC, and the SuperDateTime plugin. I have noticed a significant memory leak when I run slim.exe, to the point where it builds to over 200K in a short period of time, even when I'm not using the Squeezebox.

One fix I've noticed suggested is to wipe the prefs file. How do I do this?

Any other suggestions welcome as well.

mherger
2007-02-24, 11:02
> I am running 6.5.0 in Windows XP.

Please update to the latest release (6.5.1).

> I use the XM plugin , Alien BBC, and
> the SuperDateTime plugin. I have noticed a significant memory leak when
> I run slim.exe, to the point where it builds to over 200K in a short
> period of time, even when I'm not using the Squeezebox.

Can you reproduce this issue with 6.5.1 and those plugins disabled? If
not, can you reproduce it with them enabled?

> One fix I've noticed suggested is to wipe the prefs file. How do I do
> this?

Delete the slimserver.prefs file (you'll find it in the SlimServer
installation folder) after stopping slimserver.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

MrSinatra
2007-02-24, 11:11
the first thing others will probably suggest to you is try the newest nightly.

my Q after that is, when does it start?

would it do it if u booted, started SS, but didn't use it at all? or does it do it after you've used SS?

FCLymond
2007-02-24, 17:38
OK, I updated to the latest version of Slimserver. The problem did not replicate with AlienBBC or XMRadio, but started once I had installed SuperDateTime screensaver. It seems to be related to using that plugin as my "off" screensaver. Already at 112K mem usage after just a few minutes.

fred7
2007-02-24, 21:18
OK, I updated to the latest version of Slimserver. The problem did not replicate with AlienBBC or XMRadio, but started once I had installed SuperDateTime screensaver. It seems to be related to using that plugin as my "off" screensaver. Already at 112K mem usage after just a few minutes.

I had a similar problem. I was able to fix it by uninstalling Slimserver, deleteing the slimserver.pref file, and then reinstalling Slimserver. The problem only seemed to occur with the lastest version of SuperDateTime and I'm not sure why this fixed it but it did. You need to re-enter all of your settings if you do this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling without deleting the pref file but it didn't work.