PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Rhapsody

gtcharlie
2007-02-22, 20:38
I am having problems switching between Rhapsody and Squeezebox. After upgrading to 6.5.1 everything seemed to be okay until this evening. Now everytime I try to switch between the two I am asked to upgrade my firmware. This is exactly why I switched to 6.5.1(Lord knows it wasn't the stability provided by the new firmware). Any ideas how I can prevent this?

kdf
2007-02-22, 20:42
The firmware was upgraded to fix some playback issues, some involving
Rhapsody. This firmware is also included with the 6.5.2 builds found
here:

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_nightly.html
-kdf

gtcharlie
2007-02-23, 06:53
I understand the upgrades but why can I no longer switch between Rhapsody and slimserver without upgrading firmware every time? Things have been working fine until last night and I have changed no settings so I can't figure out what to do next.

andyg
2007-02-23, 08:06
We have two options when it comes to Rhapsody firmware bugs:

1. Don't fix the bug until we can test and release 6.5.2.
2. Fix the bugs ASAP and cause a firmware mismatch between the latest released 6.5.1 and SN.

We chose #2 because the Rhapsody bugs were pretty serious, and we figured people would rather play Rhapsody without crashing. :)

If the firmware mismatch bothers you, you can install 6.5.2 which should be just as stable as 6.5.1.

gtcharlie
2007-02-23, 08:43
Thanks. That is exactly what I will do. I didn't realize that the upgrade was necessary to resolve the situation. I have not had any problems with 6.5.1 so hopefully the same will hold true for 6.5.2.

SuperQ
2007-02-25, 10:02
We have two options when it comes to Rhapsody firmware bugs:

1. Don't fix the bug until we can test and release 6.5.2.
2. Fix the bugs ASAP and cause a firmware mismatch between the latest released 6.5.1 and SN.

We chose #2 because the Rhapsody bugs were pretty serious, and we figured people would rather play Rhapsody without crashing. :)

If the firmware mismatch bothers you, you can install 6.5.2 which should be just as stable as 6.5.1.

Or you could drop the updated firmware into the Firmware/ directory on your 6.5.1 slimserver, that way you don't have to upgrade to a nightly release.

Mark Lanctot
2007-02-25, 11:21
Or you could drop the updated firmware into the Firmware/ directory on your 6.5.1 slimserver, that way you don't have to upgrade to a nightly release.

Careful...that will probably work in this case but it may not always work. Certain SlimServer versions are paired with a certain firmware version, using combinations outside of this may produce unpredictable behavior.

In this case it'll probably work fine as the firmware changes affect only Rhapsody, but don't try this with the latest firmware and something before SlimServer 6.5.0.