PDA

View Full Version : Repeat current song

macattack
2007-02-22, 17:20
One of my squeezeboxes seems to be possessed. Everytime I start it up it always repeats the first song in an album (regardless of what CD it is) -- i've changed the settings but it always stays; is there a way to reset it?

davep
2007-02-22, 21:17
Try the 'Repeat' key on the remote. This cycles between one, all and none for the repeat setting. Looks like yours is set on 'one' for that box.

If you've tried this and it doesn't work then that is very strange. Perhaps a Hard Reset is necessary (plug in the power lead while holding the 'Add' button on the remote).

davep

macattack
2007-02-23, 04:06
Thank you, using the remote worked perfectly [though I had to dig it out as I was using a universal remote]

macattack
2007-02-27, 15:32
Ok, a week or so went by and my Squeezebox is doing the same thing; it's repeating the first song in an album/playlist, etc

a hard rest is in order?

azinck3
2007-02-27, 15:37
Ok, a week or so went by and my Squeezebox is doing the same thing; it's repeating the first song in an album/playlist, etc

a hard rest is in order?

Nope, not something requiring a reset. This is a software setting in slimserver. Why wouldn't you just press the repeat button to turn repeat off again, like you did the first time? I'd guess that one of the buttons on your universal remote happens to correspond to the "repeat" button on the squeezebox remote but you just may not realize it; you're probably just hitting the button accidentally.

by the way: you can also change this setting via the web interface, so perhaps you accidentally clicked it there at some point.

peterw
2007-02-27, 16:41
Nope, not something requiring a reset. This is a software setting in slimserver. Why wouldn't you just press the repeat button to turn repeat off again, like you did the first time? I'd guess that one of the buttons on your universal remote just so happens to correspond to the "repeat" button on the squeezebox remote but you just may not realize it; you're probably just hitting the button accidentally.

by the way: you can also change this setting via the web interface, so perhaps you accidentally clicked it there at some point.

You might want to look at my StatusFirst plugin, which makes it less likely to accidentally change the Shuffle, Repeat, Sleep, and Volume settings.
http://www.tux.org/~peterw/slim/StatusFirst.html

-Peter

macattack
2007-02-27, 16:43
I performed a hard rest and used the Slim Devices remote and started up a playlist and songs repeat again.

macattack
2007-02-27, 16:45
Thanks, Peter -

A slight problem is that I'm using an Infrant NAS, so plugins are a no go [unless it's an add-on already from them?]

A slight aside, I'll probably switch to a PC for running slimserver and forget about Infrant for anything other than serving the music.

-Mark

You might want to look at my StatusFirst plugin, which makes it less likely to accidentally change the Shuffle, Repeat, Sleep, and Volume settings.
http://www.tux.org/~peterw/slim/StatusFirst.html

-Peter

gregklanderman
2007-02-27, 18:42
>>>>> peterw <peterw.2motoz1172619901 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> writes:

> You might want to look at my StatusFirst plugin, which makes it less
> likely to accidentally change the Shuffle, Repeat, Sleep, and Volume
> settings.
> http://www.tux.org/~peterw/slim/StatusFirst.html

That looks nice, Peter. IMO Slim should just make that the default
behavior. I was thinking of having a single press give status, and
press-hold allow you to cycle through the options with the arrows and
then select. I really hate these modal interface settings, and this
doesn't solve it but does make it more tolerable.

greg