X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heffa
    • Jan 2007

Playback cut off and tags

Hi guys.

Ive been having some probs with playback on an audiobook. Its a single 400 MB file that plays fine on multiple other players (iTunes, Winamp, WMP) but always stops about 6-7 mins in. On top of that, the ID3 tag is not showing up the correct details. I have modified it using a couple of tag editors and it shows up fine in the other players, but all the details are incorrect in Slimserver.

Any suggestions?
    ----------
    "Yeah, it's all cow."
  • JJZolx
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by heffa
    Hi guys.

Ive been having some probs with playback on an audiobook. Its a single 400 MB file that plays fine on multiple other players (iTunes, Winamp, WMP) but always stops about 6-7 mins in. On top of that, the ID3 tag is not showing up the correct details. I have modified it using a couple of tag editors and it shows up fine in the other players, but all the details are incorrect in Slimserver.

Any suggestions?
    This is an mp3 file?

Not sure about the cutting off of audio, but there have been a slew of reports of that sort of behavior lately, mostly when the audio is being transcoded. But mp3 should for the most part be streamed as-is and played natively by the Squeezebox.

As far as tags are concerned, make sure that you don't have any APEv2 tags in addition to id3v2 and/or id3v1 tags. SlimServer is a little brain damaged and will ignore id3 tags if there is even a single APE tag such as a replaygain value. If you have both id3v2 and id3v1 tags in the file this can sometimes be a source of confusion. As with the APE vs id3 tags, SlimServer will use the id3v2 data and ignore all id3v1 data, so if you're editing the id3v1 tag, but not updating the id3v2, this could cause issues. Unless you need the id3v1 tag for device compatibility, you may find it easiest just to delete it if it exists..

If you haven't tried it yet, Mp3tag is a pretty good tool for both seeing and removing unwanted tags from mp3 files.

Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files.

Comment

• heffa
      • Jan 2007

It is an MP3.

Cheers for that one. Gave the tag editor a try. It made some changes to the tag info, but its still different from what everything else sees.
      And it still cuts off
      ----------
      "Yeah, it's all cow."

Comment

• JJZolx
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by heffa
        It is an MP3.

Cheers for that one. Gave the tag editor a try. It made some changes to the tag info, but its still different from what everything else sees.
        And it still cuts off
        How does the info differ? Maybe that would give a clue.

Comment

• heffa
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by JJZolx
          How does the info differ? Maybe that would give a clue.
          Ok, before the tag details looked all normal in other players, but SlimServer was showing part of the filenames as the Title and part of the title as the Artist. Now its showing the correct Title, but the Artist is shown as the Title & Artist.

Dunno if that makes sense :?
          ----------
          "Yeah, it's all cow."

Comment

• Mark Lanctot
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by JJZolx
            As far as tags are concerned, make sure that you don't have any APEv2 tags in addition to id3v2 and/or id3v1 tags. SlimServer is a little brain damaged and will ignore id3 tags if there is even a single APE tag such as a replaygain value.
            Not my experience - all my MP3s have APEv2 ReplayGain values along with ID3v2 tags, no problems.

However there are some issues when I use both ID3v1 and ID3v2 simultaneously. Since ID3v1 is so limited, I just don't use it.
            Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta)

Comment

Working...