PDA

View Full Version : Remote Display for SB3?

thesil
2007-02-21, 16:39
My audio installer told me that there is a remote display device from SS that works with SB3 so that I can keep my SB3 in my main listening room and see what is playing on the satellite device in another room. Is that true, and if so, where can I get one? I haven't seen or heard of this anywhere.

Thanks

kdf
2007-02-21, 16:45
Quoting thesil <thesil.2mdpgn1172101201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> My audio installer told me that there is a remote display device from SS
> that works with SB3 so that I can keep my SB3 in my main listening room
> and see what is playing on the satellite device in another room. Is
> that true, and if so, where can I get one? I haven't seen or heard of
> this anywhere.

It is sort of true, in that you can have a second SB3 and a third
party plugin that will make one SB3 show the exact same display as the
other SB3.
-kdf

SuperQ
2007-02-21, 17:48
My audio installer told me that there is a remote display device from SS that works with SB3 so that I can keep my SB3 in my main listening room and see what is playing on the satellite device in another room. Is that true, and if so, where can I get one? I haven't seen or heard of this anywhere.

Thanks

You could get a Nokia N800 (http://www.nokiausa.com/N800) and control the SS from anywhere in wifi range.

bonze
2007-02-22, 06:26
Obvious question I know - but why didn't ask your audio installer for the name of the device?? :)

thesil
2007-02-22, 08:12
He thought it was SB; I told him I did not think so; he said he saw it on the web. Maybe he was thinking of Roku