PDA

View Full Version : Music ripped question?

ipy
2007-02-21, 11:45
I 'm using a SlimDevice wireless SB3 setup which reads from my Seagate 300GB HD which I have approx. 700 CDs ripped. From time to time, it stops reading in middle of a song &/or it will not skip to the next song ie: stuck at the end of last played song.

What I discovered is if I re-ripped the same track back to the HD, it will play again. Any ideas or same experience? Has my 1 year old HD reached its prime? Is this a software thingie? I using SlimServer 6.2.1 which is stable & works for me & I realised there are newer versions which I 'm hesitant to update at this time.

I do my ripping using EAC to FLAC which works well.

SuperQ
2007-02-21, 18:02
I 'm using a SlimDevice wireless SB3 setup which reads from my Seagate 300GB HD which I have approx. 700 CDs ripped. From time to time, it stops reading in middle of a song &/or it will not skip to the next song ie: stuck at the end of last played song.

What I discovered is if I re-ripped the same track back to the HD, it will play again. Any ideas or same experience? Has my 1 year old HD reached its prime? Is this a software thingie? I using SlimServer 6.2.1 which is stable & works for me & I realised there are newer versions which I 'm hesitant to update at this time.

I do my ripping using EAC to FLAC which works well.

I had some problems like that when I first got my squeezebox.. There have been many firmware fixes for FLAC support since 6.2.1, I would un-install and delete all of 6.2.1 and re-install with 6.5.1. (upgrading that far tends to cause too many problems)

The 6.5.1 release works great for all of my squeezeboxes. FLAC, ogg, and mp3 work fine.

Mark Lanctot
2007-02-23, 17:37
You might want to check your FLACs for errors, see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=182169&postcount=25

You can also test on encode by using the -verify switch, although I'm not sure if this will catch errors on writing to the HDD.

ipy
2007-03-11, 11:22
You might want to check your FLACs for errors, see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=182169&postcount=25

You can also test on encode by using the -verify switch, although I'm not sure if this will catch errors on writing to the HDD.

Finally managed to detect an error in a flac file using this test. As mentioned this does not occur often.

At least now I know it's not the SlimServer 6.2.1 that is causing the failure to play the track.