Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonyptony
    • Jan 2006

Display brightness

Is there any problem with burn in if I run my SB3 for days at a time (like for Internet radio) with the display at full brightness? Does anyone know the MTBF for the display when running at full brightness?
  • Skunk
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by tonyptony
    Is there any problem with burn in if I run my SB3 for days at a time (like for Internet radio) with the display at full brightness? Does anyone know the MTBF for the display when running at full brightness?
    I just read a thread about burn in I meant to link to, but closed the window, so you might search for it. The jist was that burn in is a possibility for this type of display- but hardly ever reported. A lot of people have pretty old devices still functioning perfectly without burn in.

The brightness behavior can be adjusted in player settings|display, and what is used as a screensaver while playing can be adjusted in player settings|basic settings.

If you like it being on 24/7, then something that scrolls is better than a static screensaver like date-time.
    'The Buddha resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a computer as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower'.
    -Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Comment

• tonyptony
      • Jan 2006

Thanks Skunk. I'm doing the scrolling, but I still worry about the little "Now Playing" above the scroll. Thing is that where I have my SB3 located, the brightest setting really does help.

Comment

• Mark Lanctot
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Skunk
        I just read a thread about burn in I meant to link to, but closed the window, so you might search for it.
        Could be this thread:

Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta)

Comment

Working...