PDA

View Full Version : Does network bridge work with 6.5.1?

jim.basilio
2007-02-20, 08:35
EDIT: I meant 6.5.1, not 6.0.1 ... sorry!

Hi:

I've never been in need of the network bridge functionality before with my squeezebox (3), but now I need it for a short time.

I've made a crossover cable and I get lights on my ethernet card but I can't ping beyond the machine trying to talk to the squeezebox.

In the squeezebox setup I can see the ethernet bridge mode if OFF and I can't change it to ON (this is during network setup, after selecting everything except connect to slimserver (since my slimserver box is the one I'm trying to bridge)).

I shouldn't need the slimserver running in order to have the network bridge functionality work, correct? Can anyone else confirm they can at least turn the ethernet bridge ON in their squeezebox?

Thanks!
Jim

jim.basilio
2007-02-20, 08:46
*smash* that's the sound of me pummeling my head against a wall.

after d/ling and reading the setup guide from the wiki, it says go through the network setup and select "enable bridge". I did this, it works. YEA!

Weird that in the general summary of networking options you can't change the bridge feature from a no to a yes when most other options you can change.

Ahhh well. At any rate sorry for the waste of a topic but unless I posted I'm sure I never would have found the answer 5 seconds later. :)

EDIT: I meant 6.5.1, not 6.0.1 ... sorry!

Hi:

I've never been in need of the network bridge functionality before with my squeezebox (3), but now I need it for a short time.

I've made a crossover cable and I get lights on my ethernet card but I can't ping beyond the machine trying to talk to the squeezebox.

In the squeezebox setup I can see the ethernet bridge mode if OFF and I can't change it to ON (this is during network setup, after selecting everything except connect to slimserver (since my slimserver box is the one I'm trying to bridge)).

I shouldn't need the slimserver running in order to have the network bridge functionality work, correct? Can anyone else confirm they can at least turn the ethernet bridge ON in their squeezebox?

Thanks!
Jim

toetoe
2007-12-30, 08:31
It doesn't work for me. I go through the setup process for the WLAN , but I am never asked to activate the wireless bridge. Any ideas?

jeffmeh
2007-12-30, 08:53
It doesn't work for me. I go through the setup process for the WLAN , but I am never asked to activate the wireless bridge. Any ideas?

When you try to activate the bridge, do you already have the device to be bridged connected to the SB3 via ethernet? I do not think you can activate it unless the device is detected.

Amp_Fan
2007-12-30, 13:39
I'm very interested in this thread, because I want to move one of my computers into my media room where I can rip vinyl. SlimServer will be on the computer in my office. I want to use the Squeezebox to connect to it as a music server AND a wireless bridge from the computer used to rip my records. Can I do that? (sorry about the hijack!) Currently the computer I am moving is hard wired to the router, so I want to connect it to the Squeezebox as a wireless link to the router.

radish
2008-01-01, 20:18
Should work fine.