PDA

View Full Version : Radio stations not playing through SqueezeNetwork

id monkey
2007-02-16, 02:53
Hello,

I've had my Squeezebox for 3 days now, and have been very pleased with it, however when trying to listen to the radio this morning before work I experienced some problems.

I was listening to favourites I'd saved, and could connect to them fine, but after about 30 seconds the music would stop and the screen on the Squeezebox would go blank for a second or two and return to 'Now Playing'. I could reselect the radio station and it would play again for approx 30 seconds, before the same thing happened.

I did also notice that there were times of lag when pressing buttons on the remote, and another post on the forums suggested internet lag.

My question is really this...would the symptoms I've described be caused by dodgy internet connection, or another problem...I would of thought the Squeezebox would try and rebuffer the station rather than the screen just go blank and it return to the menu?

I hope someone can help :)

Edit: I tried changing my players settings through the SqueezeNetwork website, to change the buffering from 3 to 20 seconds...again, it begins to play, and then after a short time it goes back to 'Now Playing:'

AudioCat
2007-02-16, 07:27
I'm having similar problem, as well. In the past, Squeezenetwork was working flawlessly. Last week, I installed 6.5.1 to try to address a buffering problem with a non-Squeezenetwork radio station but could not get Slimserver to run with 6.5.1.

Today is the first day since the attempt to run 6.5.1 that I've turned on Squeezenetwork. Mine plays about 10 minutes before cutting off and displaying the Now Playing. At this point, there is no sound and if I press Play nothing happens. I have to go back and reselect the stations.

This happened on Radioio Jazz and TSF Jazz (from the Slim Devices picks menu).

My firmware is version 64 right now.

Any ideas?

razzbuddy
2007-02-16, 10:51
I believe that firmware version 64 would not be good with slimserver 6.51. Try updating to at least version 72.

ivarivar
2007-02-16, 11:31
I have version 72, and I'm experiencing the same problem. Since a few hours ago, while listening to podcasts or radio from SN, the sound disappears, the screen goes blank, and after 10 secs my SB returns with the Now Playing screen, but silent. It also somehow seems to time out, occasionally reacting very slowly to my pressing buttons on the remote.

Since I'm not the only one experiencing this, does it mean that there's a problem at SN, and not with my player/connection? My SB is just a couple of weeks old, everything is the latest version, and my connection is 8Mbps on a 11g router.

hsmeets
2007-02-16, 11:49
Hi,

similar probs here: compiled a .m3u playlist with about 50 url's of local (dutch) radio audiostreems. Imported the playlist in slimserver.

Selecting the saved playlist and switching radio stations sometimes leads to a reboot of the squeezebox (but than playing that stream without any problem).

Also sometimes selecting a station from the saved playlist results in multiple entries in the current playlist.....

will mail de .m3u too tech-supp of Slim-Dev so they can have a go with it.

Huib
www.huibsmeets.com

andyg
2007-02-16, 12:11
I have version 72, and I'm experiencing the same problem. Since a few hours ago, while listening to podcasts or radio from SN, the sound disappears, the screen goes blank, and after 10 secs my SB returns with the Now Playing screen, but silent. It also somehow seems to time out, occasionally reacting very slowly to my pressing buttons on the remote.

Since I'm not the only one experiencing this, does it mean that there's a problem at SN, and not with my player/connection? My SB is just a couple of weeks old, everything is the latest version, and my connection is 8Mbps on a 11g router.

After your player reconnects to SN, are you able to play another radio station? If so, it sounds like a problem with your internet connection. If it was only a problem with SN, the screen would go blank but the music would not stop playing. Vice versa if it was only a problem with the radio station. But since both went dead, it sounds like your connection.

id monkey
2007-02-16, 13:53

This is exactly the problem I am having. I can play radio stations fine via SlimServer, but as soon as I try via SN I have the problem above.

I've tried resetting my router and modem, and also updated the firmware again on my Squeezebox (which was already v72).

I can select another radio station but the same thing will happen again. I've tried picking about 10 stations at random so far.

ivarivar
2007-02-16, 15:17
Well, I can reconnect, but the same thing happens again, and it doesn't seem to matter if I listen to podcasts or radio (also, as id monkey wrote, I have no problem when listening to radio with SlimServer). In addition, when I switch my SB off from SN, with the screen only showing the dimmed time and date, you can still see the screen go blank every minute or so, before coming back on again after a few seconds.

In any case, the problem doesn't seem to be a weak connection, since there's no buffering or anything. The connection to SN is simply lost, and then it has to reconnect completely again.

id monkey
2007-02-19, 02:19
A quick update to this post. I've made no changes to my setup but can confirm I could happily connect to SqueezeNetwork over the weekend without any drop outs at all.

I guess we will never know what the issue was, I could happliy connect to the internet and xbox live etc so all looked ok from my end.

Fingers crossed it continues to work :)

simbo
2007-05-10, 12:10
Did anybody come to any conclusion on this? I've just got my SB3 and am having the same problems. SlimServer is fine, SqueezeNetwork continuously reboots.