PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Squeezebox 3 owner track selection problem

bearuk
2007-02-10, 16:07
I am a new squeezebox 3 owner and have a strange problem. Can anyone help?

I have dumped a lot of music in my 'music' folder, along with some subfolder for particular artists or file types (such as wav collections).

I haven't set up playlists or any fancy stuff at all.

I switch on my squeezebox and browse the music folder until I find a track I want to play. While that track plays, I look for another track to play, and the name is up on the squeezebox as the first track ends. I press 'play' on the remote, and the first track in the music folder plays!

The same happens in subfolders too.

The squeezebox display claims to be playing the track I've selected, and if I press 'play' again, it will play that track. But its damn annoying.

snarlydwarf
2007-02-11, 01:19
I am a new squeezebox 3 owner and have a strange problem. Can anyone help?

I have dumped a lot of music in my 'music' folder, along with some subfolder for particular artists or file types (such as wav collections).

Ouch. That may do for now, but long term it will probably drive you nuts. You may want to start clustering things by album, and albums by artists... and maybe artists by some vaague genre. You may also want to convert your WAVs to something like FLAC or WMA Lossless so that you can tag them (inserting Artist/track/album info into the file itself). That will scale a lot better as your collection grows.

I switch on my squeezebox and browse the music folder until I find a track I want to play. While that track plays, I look for another track to play, and the name is up on the squeezebox as the first track ends. I press 'play' on the remote, and the first track in the music folder plays!

The same happens in subfolders too.

Under Server Settings, Behavior there is a setting on whether Play means "start with the first track in this album or folder" or "play just this song"

The squeezebox display claims to be playing the track I've selected, and if I press 'play' again, it will play that track. But its damn annoying.

I don't know why you are seeing that, a single short "play" press should wipe any current list of tracks to play and play just that one track (or the whole directory depending on the setting above) and a held-play should add the track to the current playlist.