PDA

View Full Version : SB3 not displaying artist etc

srinath
2007-02-10, 12:09
folks,

i recently purchased an SB3. when playing wma, mp3 or flac files, only the track name is being displayed on the device. all the songs are properly tagged and the slimserver software on the pc shows all the info but the device doesn't show the artist and the album info. when i play internet radio, all this info is being displayed. so why doesn't the device display artist/album info when playing from the music library? is this a bug?
thanks
srinath

kdf
2007-02-10, 12:37
It depends. There was a known issue with 6.5.0, solved in 6.5.1 where
artist info was lost when ALBUMARTIST tags were used.

It also depends on what titleformat you have set for the player. look
in the player settings. if you have only 'title' then that's what you
get. Unlike the web ui, you have to specify if you want artist, album,
year etc.

-kdf

jeffmeh
2007-02-10, 12:39
When you browse the SlimServer web page, go to "Player Settings" and make sure you have chosen the desired display settings under "Title Format." Hopefully that will sort it out for you.

srinath
2007-02-10, 12:48
When you browse the SlimServer web page, go to "Player Settings" and make sure you have chosen the desired display settings under "Title Format." Hopefully that will sort it out for you.

We have a winner! That did it. Thank you!!

TiredLegs
2007-02-13, 21:30
I have a similar problem, but the suggested solution isn't available. I'm running SlimServer 6.3.0 on a Buffalo Linkstation. On the player, only the track title shows up. In the web interface for SlimServer, in Player Settings, all that shows up in the Title Format area are tiny little pull down boxes that are empty. See attached screen capture. If I click on one of the pull down boxes, there is nothing to select. Choosing any of the radio buttons and clicking Change doesn't affect anything on the Player's display.

Anybody know what's going on or how to fix it?