PDA

View Full Version : AAC files in Panther (Mac)



Peter
2003-12-26, 19:27
Hi,

I've only been using Squeezebox (on a Mac) for about a week with great
results streaming Itunes AAC files to my home audio system. I had been using
OSX (Jaguar) but today I upgraded to Panther (10.2.3). Now I seem to be
having trouble with AAC files, with Squeezebox exhibiting very erratic
behaviorŠwhen I try to play an album from my web browser, the Squeezebox
display scrolls through the songs in the playlist or album randomly, never
actually playing anything. I've converted some AAC files to MP3s and they
seem to play fine.
Has anyone noted incompatibilities between Panther. SlimServer software
and/or LAME?
Is this an adequate explanation of what's going on?

Thanks
Peter

Dave Scott
2003-12-28, 04:31
On 27 Dec 2003, at 10:27, Peter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've only been using Squeezebox (on a Mac) for about a week with great
> results streaming Itunes AAC files to my home audio system. I had been
> using
> OSX (Jaguar) but today I upgraded to Panther (10.2.3). Now I seem to be
> having trouble with AAC files, with Squeezebox exhibiting very erratic
> behavior…when I try to play an album from my web browser, the
> Squeezebox
> display scrolls through the songs in the playlist or album randomly,
> never
> actually playing anything. I've converted some AAC files to MP3s and
> they
> seem to play fine.
> Has anyone noted incompatibilities between Panther. SlimServer software
> and/or LAME?
> Is this an adequate explanation of what's going on?
>
> Thanks
> Peter
>
>

Dave Scott
2003-12-28, 04:48
On 28 Dec 2003, at 19:31, Dave Scott wrote:

>
> On 27 Dec 2003, at 10:27, Peter wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've only been using Squeezebox (on a Mac) for about a week with great
>> results streaming Itunes AAC files to my home audio system. I had
>> been using
>> OSX (Jaguar) but today I upgraded to Panther (10.2.3). Now I seem to
>> be
>> having trouble with AAC files, with Squeezebox exhibiting very erratic
>> behavior…when I try to play an album from my web browser, the
>> Squeezebox
>> display scrolls through the songs in the playlist or album randomly,
>> never
>> actually playing anything. I've converted some AAC files to MP3s and
>> they
>> seem to play fine.
>> Has anyone noted incompatibilities between Panther. SlimServer
>> software
>> and/or LAME?
>> Is this an adequate explanation of what's going on?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Peter
>>
>>