PDA

View Full Version : Unsynchronise players

vandermerwe
2007-02-10, 02:25
I am trying to figure out how to unsynchronise 2 squeezeboxes using the remote.
Anyone know?

peter
2007-02-10, 02:44
vandermerwe wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to unsynchronise 2 squeezeboxes using the
> remote.
> Anyone know?
>

Settings > Synhronization or something, really very easy.
Strange that you can't find it yourself.

Regards,
Peter

Diana
2007-02-10, 03:12
I am trying to figure out how to unsynchronise 2 squeezeboxes using the remote.
Anyone know?

Settings / Synchronize, then select the SB you want to sync with (if more than one), then Go Right to unsync.

Repeat to sync. (Go Right is a toggle switch - but read the screen message carefully: sync and unsync only differ by two letters - Easily missed!).

vandermerwe
2007-02-10, 05:42
Thanks, it seems to work. However there is no screen message indicating whether I am about to sync or unsync. The track simply stops.

Diana
2007-02-10, 12:55
...However there is no screen message indicating whether I am about to sync or unsync. The track simply stops.

When I use the handset to go to Settings on the SB, and scroll the SB screen to Synchronize, the full information on the SB screen actually says

SETTINGS (9 OF 13)
Synchronize

but the word 'Synchronize' is in a much bigger font. Then when I go right to the next screen it similarly has two lines of text (the upper one actually in a smaller font) thus:

GO RIGHT TO SYNC WITH:
SqueezeboxName

and when I'm already synced, it says

GO RIGHT TO UNSYNC WITH:
SqueezeboxName

but, as I said, the top line is in quite small type, to it's easy to miss. I can then keep going right over and over, and the SB simply toggles between these two screens that differ only in the presence or absence of the UN before SYNC.

Do you see these details on your SB screen?

(The track does usually stop and restart, to ensure that the two SBs are playing from the same point I guess.)

vandermerwe
2007-02-10, 14:43
I use the "full" font setting and therefore did not see the 2 lines. Thanks