PDA

View Full Version : Now playing window not updating during album playback?

Jezclayton
2007-02-09, 11:24
When playing an album through the Squeezebox 3 in conjunction with the ReadyNas NV+, all sounds fine with no streaming problems but as playback progresses through an album the player still displays the first song selected.

For instance, on Bruce Springsteen's The Essential, playback starts at "Blinded By The Light". When playback of the second song "For You" starts, the display still shows "Blinded By The Light". This continues through the album and can only be corrected by manually selecting the song required with the remote. When browsing all details appear fine and selecting a song plays back that song.

I have tried clearing and rescanning the library to no avail.

Media Format FLAC
The Infrant Firmware is RAIDiator™ v3.01c1-p6 [1.00a032]
SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10479 - Linux - EN - utf8
Perl Version: 5.8.8 sparc-linux
MySQL Version: 5.0.24a-Debian_3.infrant1

Any ideas?

Regards

Jezclayton

Jezclayton
2007-02-10, 10:16
Bump. Any Ideas on this?

Thanks.

Jezclayton

Jezclayton
2007-02-10, 13:00
I have changed my soing title format to File.Ext which now synchronises with the music. God only knows what the problem is with the other options.....A 6.5.1 bug perhaps.

egd
2007-02-10, 15:45
I have changed my soing title format to File.Ext which now synchronises with the music. God only knows what the problem is with the other options.....A 6.5.1 bug perhaps.

Are you using Default or Fishbone interface. I noticed the same issue with Fishbone.

Jezclayton
2007-02-10, 17:07
Every time a start to play a new album I have to change the song title format under the Squeezebox settings if I want song titles to sync.

Thanks for your input EGD. Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem. Will try different interfaces tomorrow.

mherger
2007-02-11, 00:36
> Thanks for your input EGD. Glad to hear I am not the only one with this
> problem. Will try different interfaces tomorrow.

I think he's talking about another problem (web interface - probably a
caching issue) than you (player interface). What screensaver are you using
on your player?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

Jezclayton
2007-02-11, 18:36
Screensaver when playing and stopped is set to "None". Screensaver when off is set to "Date and Time Screensaver".

I have just changed my settings for playing and stopped to "Now Playing" and the results look promising. Is this function really a screensaver?

Regards

Jezclayton

RogerB
2007-02-13, 16:48
and I haven't upgraded for ages. I'm running Slimserver 6.3.0 on Windows 2000 with firmware 55 on the Squeezebox. I've got the screen saver set to "Now playing".

I have a feeling it might be to do with bitrates. My wireless network signal was so poor (around 30-35%) that I had to reduce the streaming bitrate to 128kbs to get it to work at all.

I've recently got a new router and will also be moving it closer to the SB. I'll try and see if the problem goes away when I do this and let you know.

- Roger