PDA

View Full Version : m4a playback troubles

EnochLight
2007-02-09, 00:01
Not sure what's going on here; some m4a's that used to playback fine on my Squeezebox 3 no longer play - they just lock up the player. I can play them in iTunes fine, and I emailed a track to a friend and he can play them fine on his computer via his iTunes. These are not Fairplay locked tracks...

Anyone care to experiment with me to see if one of the tracks I am having trouble with will play back on their Squeezebox 3?

I am using Slimserver Version: 6.5.2 - 11357 - Windows Vista - EN - cp1252, although I will happlily switch to the latest nightly download if it fixes my issue.

Thanks!

EnochLight
2007-02-09, 08:48
If anyone cares to help test these two song files, please download them here: http://dylanday.com/audio/ - and please see if they will play on your Squeezebox. I cannot get my Squeezebox to play them, yet they play everywhere else fine. And when I say everywhere else, I mean my T-Mobile Dash cellphone and other people's computers play them fine. Squeezebox should be no different, right?

Completely stumped!

EnochLight
2007-02-09, 09:41
Ok nevermind all - I just uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it, cleared and re-scanned my library via iTunes and Slimserver - all is fine now.

Have no idea what happened, but it all works as advertised now. Wacky iTunes Vista patch, probably!

SteveEast
2007-02-09, 09:46
Both play fine on my SB3 running 6.5.1. release. You might need to try some debug options...

Steve.

EnochLight
2007-02-09, 10:41
Thanks but all is fine now. I just uninstalled iTunes, cleared all libraries, rescanned, and BINGO - I'm back in business!

Eric Seaberg
2007-02-09, 20:29
Like your avatar. Are you a REASON user? (wink, wink, know what I mean, say no more, say no more)

EnochLight
2007-02-10, 12:05
Like your avatar. Are you a REASON user? (wink, wink, know what I mean, say no more, say no more)

Why yes I am - been using it since 1.0. Looking forward to the new Thor semi-modular in 4.0; can't wait!