PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver never quits scanning

shadowboxer
2007-02-07, 08:51
I was running 6.5.1 and was having trouble with SS crashing, so I updated to the latest daily last weekend. I am currently running:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.2 - 11332 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 10.10.10.119
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

The problem is that I did a complete clear and rescan, and since then, even with repeat clear and rescan or with hitting the server rescan button, the server always states that it is still scanning my music, even 24 hrs later. I have turned off the automatic scanning so that is not the culprit. Some of my songs don't show up anymore, either. My collection is not that large, about 12 gb or so, I think about 10k songs, all mp3s.

The one thing that I have done that is different is that in Itunes, I had a bunch of album art that itunes couldn't find, so I manually over the weekend found the art and dragged into the little box. After reading through multiple threads, this apparrently places the album art directly in the tag. Could this be messing things up? SS no longer crashes and otherwise seems to work ok.

thanks in advance

-dale

Rick B.
2007-02-07, 12:16
My server always "says" it is still re-scanning, but I know the scan has stopped when my hard drive light stops blinking. I've left it for 2 days and it still says re-scanning when I know darned well it has stopped.

Diana
2007-02-07, 12:19
...the server always states that it is still scanning my music, even 24 hrs later.

I guess you mean the web page says this. But has scanner.exe actually finished running?

I find that the web page never updates; but the scan is actually complete. Open task manager and watch the processes: you'll see scanner.exe running, and the CPU usage rises (sometimes >50%-60%); then scanner.exe stops, and closes; then mysql.exe and slim.exe do some stuff for a bit. When they stop, the CPU usage drops back to its baseline level.

But the web page still says 'slimserver is scanning your music...' or whatever. Just click on 'Home': your library stats should be reported properly.

(If the scan is terminating prematurely, you may have an actual problem - post details.)

shadowboxer
2007-02-07, 12:42
Thanks for the input, Diana.

I am at work streaming remotely currently, so when I get home I will check to see if scanner exe is still running or not. About 2 hours ago, I clicked the rescan button, so my home page still shows slimserver still scanning, but that is not that unusual.

This morning, though, after it had been several days since I had hit the rescan button, my home page was the one that still had the still scanning info rather than my library info. I don't recall that I have ever seen my library info since I did the last install.

Will check this out and report back.

thanks

-dale