PDA

View Full Version : Problem: Server Disconnected

jrgeoffrion
2007-02-03, 19:17
Just got a Transporter on Friday (yesterday). I set it up in less than 10 minutes and all was working perfectly (hurray!).

For some unknown reason, it stoped working properly. The first symptom was that the songs would show as "play" on the web interface and then "stop" on their own. If I hit "play" again, it would take about 2-3 seconds and would go back to "stop" again. While it was on play, no sound would come out.

After turning it off and back on, now, I can't connect the Transporter to my PC. I tried turning the PC off and back on and run SlimServer again, but it never sees the Transporter. I'm connected via Ethernet (wired) and after getting the IP address and selecting my PC as the source, the Transporter screen goes off and if I move the dial, it says: "Problem: Server Disconnected - left to go back, go right to try again".

I have no problem getting Internet Radio from the SqueezeNetwork.

Here are my software details:
- SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11206 - Windows Server 2003 - EN - cp1252
- Server IP address: 192.168.2.45
- Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
- MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

I've tried to give as much details as I can. If additional information is required, do not hesitate to ask and I'll reply promptly.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

JR Geoffrion
http://www.jrgeoffrion.com

Mark Lanctot
2007-02-04, 09:53
I'm not sure if this is network trouble - if it was, you'd see a "Problem: cannot find SlimServer" message. Also you'd have trouble connecting to SqueezeNetwork. I've never seen the "Server disconnected" message. It seems to imply that the network is fine but the server went offline.

You'll have to isolate whether it's SlimServer disconnecting on its own or some other application on the server PC that's blocking SlimServer.

Is there anything in the Windows event log? I'm not running Windows Server 2003, but in XP it's Administrative Tools - Event Viewer.

jrgeoffrion
2007-02-04, 09:55
Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Just seconds ago, I removed my SlimServer installation and installed 6.5.2 and it is currently working! I have no clue as to why it stopped and why it's now working, I'm not doing anything different... Oh, well... technology and early adopters... ;)

Mark Lanctot
2007-02-04, 10:18
Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Just seconds ago, I removed my SlimServer installation and installed 6.5.2 and it is currently working! I have no clue as to why it stopped and why it's now working, I'm not doing anything different... Oh, well... technology and early adopters... ;)

Great! When things like that happen, it's best not to ask. :-)