PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox plays back too fast

Luke456
2007-02-03, 04:36
I'm having a problem with my squeezebox which seems to play back some MP3 files too fast. When playing, it skips through the file slightly too fast. Its not much faster than you would expect, but still makes the track uncomfortable to listen to. It seems to apply to about 5% of the tracks I have, but maybe it is only these tracks where the difference is very noticable.

I thought it might be a problem with Slimserver or the network, but when I connect SoftSqueeze to the same slimserver over the same network, and play the same track, it sounds fine. Also, when playing the MP3 file using other MP3 software it also sounds fine. So this makes me think it is a hardware issue.

I'm running Slimserver 6.5.0 on WinXP, so the firmware is quite recent. But I got the same issue on previous versions of Slimserver too. Also tried connecting to a Linux Slimserver 6.2 and get the same issue.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks

- Luke

SteveEast
2007-02-03, 09:36
Can you post some technical info about the tracks in question? Like bitrate, frequency, encoder version, etc?

Does that differ from tracks that sound OK?

Steve.

seanadams
2007-02-03, 10:11
This probably means there are errors (invalid mp3 data) in the file which is causing our mp3 decoder to skip through them. Do you know what software was used to encode the files in question?

Luke456
2007-02-04, 06:05
Hi

Thanks Sean and Steve for your replies. Here are the specs of two of the tracks that exhibit this problem:

Song A:
Sample rate: 44100Hz
Channels: 2
Bitrate: 128Kbps
Codec: MP3
Stereo mode: Joint stereo
Encoder software: unknown

Song B:
Sample rate: 44100Hz
Channels: 2
Bitrate 128kbps
Codec: MP3
Codec Profile: MP3 CBR
Stereo mode: Joint stereo
Encoder software: Audiograbber 1.83, LAME dll 3.96

However, funnily enough most of the other tracks I have that play correctly are the same encoding and bitrate etc, so there isnt anything particularly unusual about these I dont think.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

- Luke

seanadams
2007-02-04, 12:51
do they work with other mp3 players?