PDA

View Full Version : Error Code 5 during 6.5.1 Setup

jrobbins
2007-02-02, 08:35
Hello. I am setting up SlimServer 6.5.1 over 6.5. I keep getting the following error message during the installation:

C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\mysqld.exe

An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

I have tried aborting and retrying, to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks. JCR

Diana
2007-02-02, 09:49
Looks like your using Windows. You may need to stop the mysqld.exe process before trying to install SS. Do CTRL+Alt+Del and select task manager. Click the 'Processes' tab. Click on 'Image name' at the top of the column to put the list in alphabetical order, and find mysqld.exe. Select it, press 'End Process', and OK. Now you should be able to do the install.

jrobbins
2007-02-05, 13:17
Done, thank you. Didn't know if it was safe to stop that process. JCR

oreillymj
2007-02-05, 14:09
Actually, if you go go into the Windows services applet (Start->Run->Services.msc) you'll see that you can stop the Slimserver MySQL instance.

It's cleaner than killing the process as the database shuts down correctly.

Shutting down the the Slimserver process usually stops the MySQL process. But it doesn't always seem to shut down.

Diana
2007-02-05, 16:08
...It's cleaner than killing the process as the database shuts down correctly...

Thanks - useful to know (and not entirely obvious - good old Windows!)

mdrosy
2008-11-08, 14:37
I followed the steps above, only to find out that mysqld.exe process was not running (confirmed in task manager, yes I checked to view process from all users). I also confirmed in Services that both SqueezeCenter and SqueezeMySQL were stopped.

On install of 7.2.1, I still get the error:

C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\mysqld.exe

An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

This is trying to install 7.2.1 on Windows 2003 Server.

I tried everything, and eventually just clicked "ignore" on that file - the rest of the install worked fine and the software seems to be functioning, but when looking at the file in windows explorer, mysqld.exe shows it's date as 7/28/08 (the date of an older release), whereas the rest of the files show a 10/21/08 date (the date of the current release).

1) why did this happen?
2) is this a problem? do I really need the newer mysqld.exe file?
3) how do I prevent it from happening again on the next software release?

Thanks,
~marc

DesignSpeakers
2008-12-02, 07:53
I had the same problem here on Win 2003 server.
Renaming the file C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\mysqld.exe to for example mysqld.exe.old when you get the error message and clicking Retry seems to help