PDA

View Full Version : Browse only Artwork

kalle
2007-02-02, 02:58
Hi,

I just recently installed 6.5 on my server. I found out how one could see the artwork but what I'm really missing from the old version is the functionality Browse Artwork provided - to only see the artwork images. In my mp3 collection I have a mix of complete albums with artwork, albums without artwork and single mp3-files. So turning on the artwork for the album search in 6.5 shows plenty of grey empty thumbnails. I have been looking around for any option for the SlimServer only to show albums with artwork but havenšt found out how to solve that... Would it be possible to solve as a plugin? Would it be hard to create such a plugin? Any other options?

mherger
2007-02-02, 03:15
> be possible to solve as a plugin?

I'm sure it could be done. But it's as with tagging: get the issue fixed
instead of asking others for a workaround. Download those coverarts or
learn to live with the gray images.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to be rude. But I'm sure that's an
easier "fix" for you and a possible plugin author. And once it's done, you
don't depend on any option or plugin any more.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.herger.net/SlimCD - your SlimServer on a CD
http://www.herger.net/slim - AlbumReview, Biography, MusicInfoSCR

kalle
2007-02-02, 03:31
But I'm sure that's an easier "fix" for you and a possible plugin author. And once it's done, you don't depend on any option or plugin any more.

SlimServer reports 2350 albums, I have artwork for 300. As an experienced programmer it would take me much less time to learn how to program a slimserver plugin and fix it than search and download those 2000 missing artworks.... and it would be way more fun too!

erland
2007-02-02, 04:02
SlimServer reports 2350 albums, I have artwork for 300. As an experienced programmer it would take me much less time to learn how to program a slimserver plugin and fix it than search and download those 2000 missing artworks.... and it would be way more fun too!You should be able to use the Custom Browse plugin, there is no predefined menu template available for this yet. But if you are used to XML and SQL you should be able to customize the menu configuration manually so it does what you like. If you create a new menu in Custom Browse of menu type "Albums" and change the "Menu name" parameter to "Artwork" or somthing similar you should get a good start, then just choose the "Customize configuration" option at the bottom and start changing the menu configuration manually.

There seems to be a "cover" and "thumb" columns in the "tracks" table in the database which contains the artwork url, so you should be able to change the menu configuration so it only retrieves album which have tracks with these columns set to not null.

MatsLarsson
2007-02-02, 08:15
SlimServer reports 2350 albums, I have artwork for 300. As an experienced programmer it would take me much less time to learn how to program a slimserver plugin and fix it than search and download those 2000 missing artworks.... and it would be way more fun too!

The whole point of browsing by cover art would be seeing the covers, right? There are a number of utilities that automatically download, rename and save cover art. It won't catch them all, but when you have 2200 covers, you might want to manually chase down the rest. Or write that plugin.

/Mats