PDA

View Full Version : Using v3 with no remote

aiken
2007-02-01, 17:23
Ouch. So I'm moving, and I already shipped my box of remotes, including the Squeezebox v3's. The unit itself is going in a later, faster shipment.

So now I've got an empty house, and I'd like to use the thing. More importantly, in a couple of days in the new place, I'd like to use the thing.

Problem is, the squeezebox is configured for a network that no longer exists, and a slimserver that no longer exists.

I've tried adding its MAC address to my ARP table, but can't even ping the thing. Is there a way to get it back and configure it without the remote?

-b

aiken
2007-02-01, 17:38
I realized I wasn't clear about what I'm looking to do -- I can get the thing to work by setting up a computer to pretend to be the old slimserver. What I can't seem to do is actually alter the network settings on the squeezebox remotely (ie, switch it from wired to wireless).

seanadams
2007-02-01, 17:45
I realized I wasn't clear about what I'm looking to do -- I can get the thing to work by setting up a computer to pretend to be the old slimserver. What I can't seem to do is actually alter the network settings on the squeezebox remotely (ie, switch it from wired to wireless).

No can do. Have you got a universal remote that can send JVC DVD codes?

aiken
2007-02-01, 17:58
No can do. Have you got a universal remote that can send JVC DVD codes?

Yep... packed up with the rest of my stuff :)

However, that should be easier to find in a store, so at least I won't be entirely without music for the 4 weeks or so the actual remote is in shipping.

Thanks!
-b