PDA

View Full Version : Reverting external mysql to slim mysql

verbatone
2007-01-31, 14:57
I started using slimserver with the 6.2.x when there wasn't official mysql support, and using the wiki, I added an external mysql database to help performance. Since mysql is now internalized and since I no longer need an external mysql process, I'm thinking I should get rid of it and save some resource. Problem is, how to I get rid of it? I don't have a 6.5 type preference file to compare it to, so I'm not sure of the syntax for that file, but is there something else needed too? I'm running slimserver on linux ubuntu server (headless) and I'm ignorant to all things mysql. Thanks.

verbatone
2007-02-02, 11:24
Anyone? Or can someone at least post their:

dbpassword:
dbsource:
dbusername:

setting from a post 6.5 install of SS (presumably running the built in mysql). I'll try changing that and give it a go. Thanks.

JJZolx
2007-02-02, 11:31

dbpassword:
dbsource:
dbusername:

setting from a post 6.5 install of SS (presumably running the built in mysql). I'll try changing that and give it a go. Thanks.

dbpassword: ''
dbsource: dbi:mysql:hostname=127.0.0.1;port=9092;database=%s
dbusername: slimserver

erland
2007-02-02, 11:32

dbpassword:
dbsource:
dbusername:

This is from my 6.5.0 installation on Windows XP

dbpassword: ''
dbsource: dbi:mysql:hostname=127.0.0.1;port=9092;database=%s
dbusername: slimserver

JJZolx
2007-02-02, 11:37
I started using slimserver with the 6.2.x when there wasn't official mysql support, and using the wiki, I added an external mysql database to help performance. Since mysql is now internalized and since I no longer need an external mysql process, I'm thinking I should get rid of it and save some resource. Problem is, how to I get rid of it? I don't have a 6.5 type preference file to compare it to, so I'm not sure of the syntax for that file, but is there something else needed too? I'm running slimserver on linux ubuntu server (headless) and I'm ignorant to all things mysql. Thanks.

You won't necessarily save any resources. The MySQL server itelf isn't internalized. SlimServer just installs its own MySQl server

I prefer to run my own, although there's a chance that you could configure it in such a way that SlimServer behavior might be affected. But then again you can also tweak it a bit and throw more memory at it in an attempt to improve performance. And if you have more that one program running that uses MySQL it doesn't make much sense to run more than one server on a system.