PDA

View Full Version : Titles from same album displayed seperately

agentsmith
2007-01-30, 18:52
I mistype the album name of one song in an album to be different then the rest of the songs in that album, so naturally it was displayed twice on my album list for Slimserver.

So I edited the tag and changed the album name and verify that Artist, Genre, Year and Discnumber are all identical. After that I did a recan with the command:

Scanner "pathnanme of album"

The album name of the song mentioned was fixed, but the album is still displayed twice on the album list.

I double checked and all the titles in that album have identical taqs except for the title name. Any idea how that can be fixed?

JJZolx
2007-01-30, 19:02
I mistype the album name of one song in an album to be different then the rest of the songs in that album, so naturally it was displayed twice on my album list for Slimserver.

So I edited the tag and changed the album name and verify that Artist, Genre, Year and Discnumber are all identical. After that I did a recan with the command:

Scanner "pathnanme of album"

The album name of the song mentioned was fixed, but the album is still displayed twice on the album list.

I double checked and all the titles in that album have identical taqs except for the title name. Any idea how that can be fixed?

The scanner isn't real good at removing old data that is no longer represented by a file. You'll probably need to do a full clear/rescan, but you _might_ get it to go away by browsing into the non-existant album or non-existant track in the web interface.

agentsmith
2007-01-30, 22:54
The scanner isn't real good at removing old data that is no longer represented by a file. You'll probably need to do a full clear/rescan, but you _might_ get it to go away by browsing into the non-existant album or non-existant track in the web interface.

Thanks but the list does not contain non-existant items, it just list the same album name twice, For Example:

Album Haydn String Quartet <---(Contains track 1-11)
Album Haydn String Quartet <---(Contains track 12)

Both albums are valid but woth same name, just different tracks.

ceejay
2007-01-31, 00:52
Ah, but it does have a non-existent item: your phantom second album! A full clear and rescan should fix it.

Ceejay

agentsmith
2007-01-31, 01:32
Ah, but it does have a non-existent item: your phantom second album! A full clear and rescan should fix it.

Ceejay

Hmm, that would take a long time in my system.

Is there no way to "clear and rescan" optipon for a particular path?

ceejay
2007-01-31, 01:44
Not AFAIK.

Ceejay