PDA

View Full Version : squeezebox turning off

drewe181
2007-01-25, 14:45
i have this problem with my squeezebox occasionally turning itself off whilst in use. When this happens, I need to unplug the power supply and plug it back in to get it started up again.
anyone else have this happen to them or have a reason/solution?

thanks

-drewe

peterw
2007-01-25, 15:05
Sounds like it could be a networking problem -- does the SB announce on its display that it has lost the connection with SlimServer, or does it just go dark & quiet? When it turns itself off like this, do you still see the player listed in the web interface? You say that you need to unplug the power supply -- what else did you try? Holding down the Power or Left Arrow remote buttons (on the real SB remote)? Etc. Have you updated the firmware lately?

ceejay
2007-01-25, 15:41
When you say its turning off ... what exactly do you mean? The display goes dark? If so try pressing the brightness key.

Ceejay

drewe181
2007-01-26, 00:46
there's no announcement on the squeezebox saying it lost the connection. the music just stops. it's not the brightness. i've tried holding down left, right, power buttons etc and nothing.

i've only noticed the Squeezenetwork unable to find the player once. firmware was updated to 6.5.1 nightly more than a month ago. connection varies from about 60% - 85%.

this has only just started becoming a problem recently. like the last week or so

-D

ceejay
2007-01-26, 00:50
so this is wireless ... have you tried it wired?

Perhaps there is a new source of wireless interference, like a neighbour with a new microwave or phone? Try a new wireless channel.

Ceejay

Philip Meyer
2007-01-27, 04:50
>i have this problem with my squeezebox occasionally turning itself off
>whilst in use. When this happens, I need to unplug the power supply and
>plug it back in to get it started up again.
>anyone else have this happen to them or have a reason/solution?
>
I have started to see the same effect on my SB3 in the bedroom - my furthest wireless network device from the base station. I haven't noticed and problems on my SB2 in the lounge, which has a stronger signal.

I suspect this is wireless interference - there's been a proliferation of people in the neighbourhood installing pre-N routers that aren't too kind to 802.11g.

Phil

drewe181
2007-01-29, 20:25
thanks everyone! I'm guessing it's just down to wireless interference as I can't see any other reason as there hasn't been any changes in the house for over a month.

-D