PDA

View Full Version : I confess

gbruzzo
2007-01-25, 09:56
I have just received my new black transporter. What an absolute beauty. And it SOUNDS awesome. Long live SlimDevices!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sorry all for wasting your time, I had to say it

Giacomo

gbruzzo
2007-01-26, 09:41
I should have kept my silly mouth shut. The Transporter died on me this morning.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=174499#post174499

What is going on? I don't seem to be the only one with such a problem. Can someone be kind enough and provide an update/explanation? It is after all, a rather EXPENSIVE piece of kit...

Any help (possibly on the forum above) is welcome!

Giacomo

Recoveryone
2007-01-26, 10:26
I should have kept my silly mouth shut. The Transporter died on me this morning.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=174499#post174499

What is going on? I don't seem to be the only one with such a problem. Can someone be kind enough and provide an update/explanation? It is after all, a rather EXPENSIVE piece of kit...

Any help (possibly on the forum above) is welcome!

Giacomo

Can you give more information, When you say died does than mean no power or no sound or what?

kdf
2007-01-26, 10:45
Quoting gbruzzo <gbruzzo.2l10wz1169829901 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> Any help (possibly on the forum above) is welcome!

The best chance at an explanation for what sounds like a hardware
failure is contacting support (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com.

-kdf

gbruzzo
2007-01-26, 11:21
recoveryone:

the failure manifested itself as follows:
_the display initially froze, whilst music output ceased.
_shortly thereafter (5-10 seconds later), the display went dark.
_I shut the amplifier off, then disconnected the analog inputs from the Transporter.
_I then proceeded to disconnect the Transporter from the mains.
_Upon reconnection of the Transporter to the mains, the display ("Slimdevices - Welcome to Transporter") would not appear. The Transporterwi will only emit a sequence of two "clicks" every 10 seconds or thereabouts.
_If I reconnect the Transporter to my amplifier (Bose Lifestyle system), the clicks are fed to the speakers as loudish "booms" (for want of a better word).
_The Transporter is not recognized on the network (via DHCP), and does not appear on the Slimserver web interface.
_Just to be sure, I reconnected my old Squeezebox 3 to the network, which immediately finds the Slimserver and music storage. It is recognized by Slimserver.

I suspect hardware failure. Just wondering if anyone is able to relate those odd clicks to any experience they may have had.

kdf:

I have contacted support this morning. Please do understand, that I had received the Transporter the evening before, and was slighly bemused by its possible hardware failure!
Having said this, it sounds absolutely awesome.

Thanks again in advance,

Giacomo

snarlydwarf
2007-01-26, 11:25
Having said this, it sounds absolutely awesome.

I think you meant to used past tense there. :)

(Unless you happen to be a fan of John Cage´s work 4'33" or something...)

gbruzzo
2007-01-27, 07:57
Hehe

Yes, it still sounds in my ears. I can still picture the 'space' it creates. The Squeezebox is wonderful, but the Transporter really impressed me.

This makes the current clicking doubly irritating.

Giacomo