PDA

View Full Version : Slooooooow response from 6.5.1

Chewie
2007-01-25, 09:47
Slooooooow response from 6.5.1

Could some kind soul please offer me some assistance, I’ve been having problems with 6.5.1 since yesterday. I upgraded to 6.5.1 the day it was posted on the forum with no major problems, it did kill all my playlists but I just deleted and re installed them and all was well again.

But I returned home yesterday and 6.5.1 is behaving like a pig, it opens up ok from the taskbar and desktop but from then on it is ridiculously slow. If I click on artist, album, playlist etc it takes 20+ seconds to refresh.

I am running XP Home SP2, IE 7, and MacAfee with my library on an external drive.

As I have mentioned above, this problem only reared its ugly head yesterday, prior to that, refresh was almost instant.

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to offer some assistance.

Chewie
2007-01-25, 16:10
Anyone :-(

bpa
2007-01-25, 16:11
Look at Task manager to see what is processor usage and is there a CPU hog.

Otherwise enable Network Health plugin and get some measurement on response time.

Chewie
2007-01-26, 02:39
Thanks for the reply bpa, there is no CPU hog, I will install the Network Health plugin and see what comes to light.

Siduhe
2007-01-26, 03:16
But I returned home yesterday and 6.5.1 is behaving like a pig, it opens up ok from the taskbar and desktop but from then on it is ridiculously slow. If I click on artist, album, playlist etc it takes 20+ seconds to refresh.

I am running XP Home SP2, IE 7, and MacAfee with my library on an external drive.

A few people have reported that McAfee doesn't play too well with the latest versions of Slimserver, because it constantly tries to scan the MySQL files that Slimserver is using for suspicious activity. Could this be your problem ? If you set McAfee to ignore files *.myi and *.myd, does performance improve ?

Are you using any plugins like MusicIP (MusicMagic) or Itunes ? If yes, set the reload interval in Slimserver to 0. Does this improve things ? Slimserver can sometimes get itself into a bit of a loop trying constantly to read and compare these other databases with its own.

Triode
2007-01-26, 11:11
Network health is part of 6.5.1 - please look at the second part of the following wiki page and post the output of the debugging detailed:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?DiagnosingPerformanceIssues