PDA

View Full Version : Can't open slim server

2string
2007-01-25, 08:22
Had to buy a new computer and re-download slim server.I did that but can't open slim server.Whats wrong?

Marc Sherman
2007-01-25, 08:37
2string wrote:
> Had to buy a new computer and re-download slim server.I did that but
> can't open slim server.Whats wrong?

The first thing that's wrong is that you haven't given us any details
about what the problem is. What does "open slim server" mean, exactly,
and how does it fail?

- Marc

2string
2007-01-25, 08:46
Well I have downloaded several version of slimsever and when i try to open them nothing happens.I had no problem with the old computer!I don't know what else to give for details?

2string
2007-01-25, 09:04
Can someone help?When i click on the icon on my desk top nothing happens.

Siduhe
2007-01-25, 09:25
Have you installed Slimserver ? It sounds like it.

Does anything at all happen when you click on slimserver icon ? Any window at all ?

What OS are you using - Windows ? This is a pretty key bit of information.

If Windows, open the Task Manager (Control-Alt-Delete), are there any processes that say "slim.exe" or "SlimTray.exe" or "scanner.exe" ?

If so, right click and end those three processes.

Then uninstall Slimserver, including deleting the Slimserver folder in its entirety.

Then try a fresh install using the latest version. 6.5.1.

Mongo
2007-01-25, 09:38
After I installed 6.5.1 I had trouble starting slimserver. I would take a look at the FAQ section. I opened explorer, typed in the web proxy address given in the faq for slimserver failing to open in browser window. (http://127.0.0.1:9000/) and finally got Slimserver started.
Then go to settings in slimserver and install the web proxy address. Maybe this is your problem as well. This fix did not work with the xp pro system I have at work. I have fairly standard systems of XP home with IE7 and XP pro with IE6 and did not have similar issues with 6.5.0.

2string
2007-01-25, 10:15
Theres nothing in the task manager.Tried to delete the file in program files and this came up,Cannot delete slim tray.exe. Access is denied.

Siduhe
2007-01-25, 10:42
Are you sure that slimtray.exe isn't running, because that error message suggests that it is. Have you sorted the processes in Task Manager by process name ? Click on the process name column and scroll to the S's.

If you are using Windows (are you ?) click Start, Run, type cmd, type cd.., then type taskkill /IM slimtray.exe.

Now can you uninstall slimserver using Add / Remove Programs ?

2string
2007-01-25, 12:30
Ok, got it,I had to reboot in order to delete the file completely.Now how do I transfer all my songs to SlimServer.Please forgive me it's been over 2 years since I first install SlimServer

2string
2007-01-25, 14:00
Thanks for your help.All fixed.