PDA

View Full Version : Any way to access digitally imported premium streams?

Meatwad650
2007-01-23, 15:34
Subject says it all...if I subscribe to di.fm premium streams is there a way I can connect to them from my SB3?

danco
2007-01-23, 16:42
There is certainly *a* way. Whether it suits you, or whether there are better ways, I don't know.

There are programs that will take the sound going through your computer and broadcast it as a stream that the SB can pick up.

Not knowing your OS, I can't give more detail.

snarlydwarf
2007-01-23, 16:49
from their site, it seems that one of the formats is plain old mp3 delivered via HTTP basic authentication.

That should work fine.

(They list xmms as a supported player, so no DRM.)

Try their $2 day pass thing and see if it works.

Meatwad650
2007-01-23, 16:58
from their site, it seems that one of the formats is plain old mp3 delivered via HTTP basic authentication.

Right - but how would I set that up? I've spent almost no time playing with Slimserver so would it be setting up in there or via the Squeezebox directly?

snarlydwarf
2007-01-23, 17:04
Use either the "Tune in URL" from the web interface and enter the proper URL (which should be something like: http://username:password@sitename/whatever .. thats basic HTTP authentication). You can also add those stations to your Favorites from the player itself (pressing the right arrow).

You could also make a playlist that had your station in it.

SuperQ
2007-01-23, 17:05
Right - but how would I set that up? I've spent almost no time playing with Slimserver so would it be setting up in there or via the Squeezebox directly?

I use my di.fm premium all the time. There is nothing to setup.

There are 2 ways to do this:

1: right-click save the stream link to a file and save the file in your playlists dir on your slimserver and hit rescan.

2: right-click save the stream link to a file and open it with a text editor and copy/paste the link with your username/password into the "tune in URL" option from the slimserver homepage.

Meatwad650
2007-01-23, 17:21
I'm telling SlimServer to use iTunes instead of scanning the library manually...I'll try bookmarking it in my iTunes library and if that works then it should be easy to use on the Squeezebox, right?

snarlydwarf
2007-01-23, 18:11
No idea, I don't use iTunes. But the methods SuperQ and I gave would work fine with or without iTunes.