PDA

View Full Version : SB2 Cutting Out with SS 6.5.1

cumry
2007-01-23, 08:02
Hi there,
I could not find a thread on this ...

I was wondering if anybody could help me. Yesterday I updated to SS6.5.1 and updated my Squeezebox 3 as well, but now it does not seem to be working :-( The squeezebox cuts out after between 5 seconds and 3 mins or so. In fact it seems like the SB has a power shortage and restarts/reboots up completely. Anybody know why this may be? It was working fine with SS 6.5. And 6.5.1 is working fine via softsqueeze on the PC.

I have not altered any setting at all. It is connected wirelessly and I am using Windows (XP) OS.

Also I am a novice with both PCs and Slimserver!

Many thanks!

Leigh

SlimChances
2007-01-23, 08:37
I am having the same problem with my SB2 and slimserver 6.5.1
I am not able to start my squeezebox from the player or web interface.

ceejay
2007-01-23, 08:46
Hi there,
I could not find a thread on this ...

I was wondering if anybody could help me. Yesterday I updated to SS6.5.1 and updated my Squeezebox 3 as well, but now it does not seem to be working :-( The squeezebox cuts out after between 5 seconds and 3 mins or so. In fact it seems like the SB has a power shortage and restarts/reboots up completely. Anybody know why this may be? It was working fine with SS 6.5. And 6.5.1 is working fine via softsqueeze on the PC.

I have not altered any setting at all. It is connected wirelessly and I am using Windows (XP) OS.

Also I am a novice with both PCs and Slimserver!

Many thanks!

Leigh

What version were you at previously?

ceejay
2007-01-23, 08:48
I am having the same problem with my SB2 and slimserver 6.5.1
I am not able to start my squeezebox from the player or web interface.

I'm not sure why you think you have the same problem as OP, your symptoms sound different... is your slimserver running (can you connect to it uing a browser interface)?

Is your SB connecting to your wireless network?

cumry
2007-01-23, 08:50
What version were you at previously?

I do believe it was actually 6.5. as I update evertyhing once it is released.

ceejay
2007-01-23, 08:55
I do believe it was actually 6.5. as I update evertyhing once it is released.

ok, that eliminates a few possibilities...

Can you try it wired instead of wireless, just as an experiment?

cumry
2007-01-23, 09:03
ok, that eliminates a few possibilities...

Can you try it wired instead of wireless, just as an experiment?

OK will try that but it will take me some time to set up. I will let you know of the outcome. By the way, if it is important: the wireless signal is between 88-95% according to SB before cutting out.

Many thanks,

Leigh

cumry
2007-04-03, 12:34
Hi there,

It has been a long time since I sent my original question, but I have been away from home, so no access to my slimserver.

Amyway back now, and I have connected via Ethernet and still have the same problem. In fact I have also downgraded to SlimServer Version: 6.3.1 and the problems still remains :-( I see there have been several posts on the forum regarding this cutting out/rebooting of SB3 and the mention of the MAC address being changed, but the MAC address of my SB3 is the correct one. Please help, I dont have a clue what to do!
Thanks!

cumry
2007-04-06, 06:21
Hi again,

Still no response :-( I was wondering if anyone could tell me which debug option to choose to see where the problems lies?

Thanks

Leigh

ceejay
2007-04-06, 09:48
So - SS is running ok, you can access it via the web browser and play music through SoftSqueeze?

You now have it wired instead of wireless? (NB - in this case the MAC address shouldn't be an issue anymore)

It boots ok and connects to the slimserver?

When does it fail - when you start to play something?

Ceejay