PDA

View Full Version : Slim server window won't open???

ErikM
2007-01-23, 00:05
Ok just loaded a new copy of Slim server. When I try to open slim server an explorer window tries to open but it doesn't! I get a outline of an explower window but it's like just an outline and it just hangs up??? Slim server is running and music is playing but I can't open slim server at all?? any ideas?

AllanB
2007-01-23, 02:17
Ok just loaded a new copy of Slim server. When I try to open slim server an explorer window tries to open but it doesn't! I get a outline of an explower window but it's like just an outline and it just hangs up??? Slim server is running and music is playing but I can't open slim server at all?? any ideas?

I have had the same problem with 6.5.1, can't open with any of the usuall methods, including typing in the address directly, incidently I use Firefox. The only solution I have so far found is to revert back to 6.5.0 which works fine. I have posted this problem on other threads 'Can't open slimserver'

ErikM
2007-01-23, 08:59
uninstalled, reinstalled it a THIRD time, must be a charm.. seems so far to be fine.. weird...

Ron F.
2007-01-23, 13:11
I am not sure that I am being helpful here, but when I upgraded from 6.5.0, to 6.5.1, I found that the browser window would not open for me either.

What turned out to be the problem was that the Norton "personal firewall" that came installed on my computer was blocking internet access for 6.5.1, after the upgrade had been made. This seemed to be the case, even for "localhost" which I don't think ever leaves the confines of the computer!

Pretty frustrating for me, since I am a music-listener, and NOT a computer debugger.

-Ron