PDA

View Full Version : Nokia770 issue

phicar2
2007-01-22, 06:43
I use the fantastic Nokia770 skin on my 770 but I have one issue I can't seem to work out. Any playlist that I have that is more than 1 page, only the first page is accessible on the Nokia770. How do I access beyond the first page? Thanks!

4mula1
2007-01-22, 07:35
What version of Slimserver are you running?

phicar2
2007-01-22, 07:40
6.5.1, just upgraded 3 days ago. I have the problem before and after...

bklaas
2007-01-22, 09:48
Not sure how to debug further...I can't reproduce this. I created a multiple page playlist and all page links work correctly. Any further details about your setup you could share? Anyone else seeing this behavior?

cheers,
#!/ben

bklaas
2007-01-22, 09:52
one suggestion that I always give when weird problems like this come up is to do a full uninstall before the new install. Sometimes there are some files from the old version you had installed that doesn't get deleted on upgrade, and this can cause issues. This is especially an issue for Nokia770 and Touch skins for technical reasons I won't get into.

cheers,
#!/ben

4mula1
2007-01-22, 10:34
I'm seeing the same behavior, but I will admit I did so an upgrade from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1 without a prior uninstall.

I found that if you view the current playlist there are multiple pages, but selecting a playlist from the playlist menu will only show the first page without links to other pages.

I should have enough time tonight to do a complete uninstall and reinstall and see if that makes any difference.

phicar2
2007-01-22, 10:50
I did do an upgrade, not an uninstall reinstall of slimserver so I will do that tonight. Here is what I see (from what I remember - at work now). I select playlists from the home screen. I then select one of the playlists (which I know is more than 1 page, at least when I use the default slimserver skin on my PC, the list has about 140 songs). The playlist is displayed, but on ly 1 screen worth of songs, and I don't see any navigation devices (arrows, numbers, next page, etc.) to get to the rest of the list.

Thanks again for the AWESOME skin!

bklaas
2007-01-22, 13:13
the most I can tell you right now is that I can do the exact same procedure and I can't reproduce the problem. Try the uninstall reinstall thing and let me know if that fixed it. If not, I'll think a bit harder on what might cause this.

#!/ben

phicar2
2007-01-22, 14:07
What do you see now that enables movement between the pages of the playlists? Are there numbers like on the default skin?

bklaas
2007-01-22, 14:15
see circled part of attached screenshot

phicar2
2007-01-22, 14:30
I certainly don't see that now so I will do the uninstall and reinstall of 6.5.1 tonight and see what I see...thanks!!!

4mula1
2007-01-22, 14:45
Good news for you, Ben. Wiping out my installation of Slimserver and reinstalling fixed the problem for me. Looks like some leftovers that went bad.

In other news, I've noticed that the now playing page shows the title in whatever format is set in Server Settings -> Formatting. If I have it set to Artist - Title the now playing page shows the title as say "Jeremy - Pearl Jam" rather than just "Jeremy". All tracks do this, I just wanted to use an example. Do you want me to submit a bug report or would you like to add it to the to-do list?

thepainter
2007-01-22, 14:47
How exactly do you do a clean install in OS X?

bklaas
2007-01-22, 15:08
Good news for you, Ben. Wiping out my installation of Slimserver and reinstalling fixed the problem for me. Looks like some leftovers that went bad.

In other news, I've noticed that the now playing page shows the title in whatever format is set in Server Settings -> Formatting. If I have it set to Artist - Title the now playing page shows the title as say "Jeremy - Pearl Jam" rather than just "Jeremy". All tracks do this, I just wanted to use an example. Do you want me to submit a bug report or would you like to add it to the to-do list?

open a bug, and assign it to bklaas at occamnetworks dot com. That guarantees some attention...at least eventually.

bklaas
2007-01-22, 15:10
How exactly do you do a clean install in OS X?

I don't know where OS X puts the slimserver files, but all you should need to do is delete the HTML subdirectory in your slimserver install and then reinstall the new one. You shouldn't see any of the skin issues described in this thread if you do that.

#!/ben

phicar2
2007-01-23, 06:25
Uninstall and reinstall of 6.5.1 worked for me as well! Sorry for not trying that first! Won't happen again...until the next update at least...