PDA

View Full Version : end of songs chopped off!

nickrt
2007-01-22, 03:46
Hi

Has anyone else experienced the end of songs being chopped off on playback - with the next song starting straight away?

I have 6.5.1 and a library of MP3 (LAME) and Apple Lossless albums, and use the iTunes.

This playback problem occurs on every playlist or album that I play.

Is this a known problem/Bug?

Can anyone help??

Thanx!

bodajmac
2007-01-22, 04:06
hi nick,

exactly the same issue here, anything up to 10 seconds can be clipped off the end of tracks and the following track seems to start hot on the heels of the previous one. i too have got a mixed itunes library of mp3, aac and apple lossless files. i'm currently in discussion with slim devices (logitech?) support and i'm waiting for further suggestions after establishing that neither my antivirus nor firewall settings were behind the problem.

this has been discussed in other threads and some posters are advocating a return to slimserver 6.31 as the problem seems to have appeared subsequent to that release. this is ok as a workaround but i want the issue sorted so i can work with the latest software release and not have to change the management of my collection using itunes.

anyone got any ideas?

thanks in advance for any help!

nickrt
2007-01-22, 04:15
hi nick,

exactly the same issue here, anything up to 10 seconds can be clipped off the end of tracks and the following track seems to start hot on the heels of the previous one. i too have got a mixed itunes library of mp3, aac and apple lossless files. i'm currently in discussion with slim devices (logitech?) support and i'm waiting for further suggestions after establishing that neither my antivirus nor firewall settings were behind the problem.

Hi - I have no virus checker or firewall on my music server - I am certain it is not that.

this has been discussed in other threads and some posters are advocating a return to slimserver 6.31 as the problem seems to have appeared subsequent to that release. this is ok as a workaround but i want the issue sorted so i can work with the latest software release and not have to change the management of my collection using itunes.

anyone got any ideas?

thanks in advance for any help!

I agree. It is a serious problem - after all the basic requirement is to play music flawlessly - all the other features are extra! I believe it could b something to do with the "cross-fade" feature (volume control) and the gap-less play. At the moment I miss the end of all songs, which is really poor and frustrating!

We need HELP on this one!!

egd
2007-01-22, 04:26
i'm currently in discussion with slim devices (logitech?) support and i'm waiting for further suggestions after establishing that neither my antivirus nor firewall settings were behind the problem.

Please don't tell me this is the beginning of sh1t support from Logitech. How the hell can they even begin to ascribe something that is repeatable on different songs to antivirus and firewall issues? I hate having to deal with support when their first instinct is to assume you are a nincompoop and then go on to show you just how little they know by forcing you to eliminate what you already know isn't even in contention.

Updgrade to 7.x of downgrade to 6.3x. I'm not having any issues with 7.0a1/11257 running on Ubuntu Edgy

peter
2007-01-22, 05:53
egd wrote:
> bodajmac;172869 Wrote:
>
>> i'm currently in discussion with slim devices (logitech?) support and
>> i'm waiting for further suggestions after establishing that neither my
>> antivirus nor firewall settings were behind the problem.
>>
>
> Please don't tell me this is the beginning of sh1t support from
> Logitech. How the hell can they even begin to ascribe something that
> is repeatable on different songs to antivirus and firewall issues? I
> hate having to deal with support when their first instinct is to assume
> you are a nincompoop and then go on to show you just how little they
> know by forcing you to eliminate what you already know isn't even in
> contention.
>

Well, yes, that's very annoying. I guess life on a support desk would be
much easier if us non-nincompoop's didn't have sudden random attacks of
nincompoopness now and then during which we suddenly forget that that
black display could just caused by a zero brightness setting.

I consider myself a fairly advanced user, but everybody makes stupid
mistakes sometimes. It's common sense to eliminate the simple (stupid)
explanations first.

A *huge* percentage of support issues are caused by firewalls and
anti-virus software so it seems very sensible to start there first..

Regards,
Peter

egd
2007-01-22, 06:33
A *huge* percentage of support issues are caused by firewalls and anti-virus software so it seems very sensible to start there first..

Ordinarily I'd agree, but given the nature of the product and the problem being experienced it should be pretty obvious that it is highly unlikely to be either - if it was a firewall issue the songs wouldn't play at all.