PDA

View Full Version : song count and genre tag problems in 6.5.1

taylorbill
2007-01-21, 07:40
Hello everyone,

I've been using 6.3 (on Windows 2003 Server)with no problems for a while. I wanted to upgrade to 6.5 because of some bug fixes and general curiousity on 6.5. Anyway, on 6.3, my song count was around 58000 songs. I have a mixture of MP3, FLAC, and a few WMAs. I also only use v2.3 tags with only 4 genres (Christmas, Childrens, Classical, and the largest group - MISC)

After upgrading to 6.5.1, My song count jumped to way over 91,000 songs with about 50 different genre tags. I did some research and found that I could still have some v1 tag info on some files, so I downloaded ID3TagIt and removed all v1 tag info. I have "very" clean tags on v.2 and the behavior on 6.3 was great. So after stripping the v1 tags, rebotted, deleted the cache file, then let it rebuild the cache file. After that I still got the 91,000 songs with over 50 genres. I have looked into the tags using Tag&Rename, ID3Tagit, MP3Tag, iTunes, Windows Media, and dbPowerAmp. For the life of me, I can't find out where it is getting the incorrect tag info from.

I read in a few posts that an XSOP tag may be to blame. Has anyone else seen this behavior? How can I fix it to have just my 4 genre tags from v2? Is there an MP3 tag editor out there that I edit the XSOP tag?

Many thanks,
Bill

Richie
2007-01-21, 08:40
>
> I read in a few posts that an XSOP tag may be to blame. Has anyone else
> seen this behavior? How can I fix it to have just my 4 genre tags from
> v2? Is there an MP3 tag editor out there that I edit the XSOP tag?
>
> Many thanks,
> Bill
>

Have you tried foobar2000? I find it very useful for quickly viewing
and deleting tags from a large number of files.

Richard

taylorbill
2007-01-21, 12:47
Thanks, That seemed to work. Does foobar handle tags differently from the other programs?