PDA

View Full Version : Mobile/Cell Phone and Squeezebox connection over bluetooth?

Frommerchicken
2007-01-20, 16:10
I want to control my Squeezebox using my phone so can I do it by bluetooth or does it have to be over WAP, and if it only works with WAP does it cost?

Mark Lanctot
2007-01-20, 16:39
Do you mean from outside your network? If so, you need to make SlimServer accessible from outside, see http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?ConnectingRemotely. It doesn't cost any more than what your provider charges for general Internet access.

From inside your network, the Squeezebox doesn't have any Bluetooth connection. You could either:

- install a Bluetooth access device in your SlimServer PC and access SlimServer that way. I'm not sure if these devices are network-accessible - if they are, then this device can be on any machine on your network, not necessarily the one running SlimServer. I believe these devices have limited range though.

- if your Squeezebox is wireless, access your router/WAP. Otherwise plug a WAP into your wired router, or replace your wired router with a wireless one.

Connecting internally wouldn't cost anything provided the phone has an 802.11b/g connection.