PDA

View Full Version : Vista & Slimserver

urbanshepherd
2007-01-20, 04:36
Hi, having used slimserver without any problems for some time, I decided to get cocky and upgrade to Vista. Woe is me...

The problem I'm having, is that when Vista boots, slimtray starts without problem, however slimserver never starts and has to be started via the slimtray icon.

I've selected 'Automatically run at system start' from the slimtray icon but this seems to have no effect. Has anyone had a similar issue, and a resolution?

Thanks.

biopob
2007-01-23, 14:07
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. The strange thing is that when I first installed Vista and Slimserver, it worked ok for a bit.

Internet Explorer and FireFox just hang when I load slimserver...is anyone else having trouble?? Sorry I have no resolution :(

Cheers
David

Kezza25
2007-01-29, 11:23
snap, i have this problem too.

can anyone help?

DrNic
2007-01-29, 11:26
snap, i have this problem too.

can anyone help?

*Warning - Sarcasm/joke/unhelpful to original post/useless post alert!!!*

Don't use vista?? :)

Nic

Sorry just felt "daft" for a moment...

jonheal
2007-01-29, 12:07
Hi, having used slimserver without any problems for some time, I decided to get cocky and upgrade to Vista. Woe is me...

The problem I'm having, is that when Vista boots, slimtray starts without problem, however slimserver never starts and has to be started via the slimtray icon.

I've selected 'Automatically run at system start' from the slimtray icon but this seems to have no effect. Has anyone had a similar issue, and a resolution?

Thanks.

Anything in the Event log?

urbanshepherd
2007-01-30, 12:03
Not a bad guess on the vista comment... got my gmail account hacked alongside ebay about 3 hours after posting this so have gone back to XP! I'll be running slimserver on OS X failrly shortly though...