PDA

View Full Version : SoftSqueeze and Internet Radio

cliveb
2007-01-17, 13:19
Internet Radio works fine on my Transporter and Squeezebox. I just tried playing it via SoftSqueeze for the first time, and during the "Checking Stream" phase, Slimserver popped up the error "can't find WMVCore.DLL". I thought that SoftSqueeze just looked like another Squeezebox to Slimserver, but clearly something different is happening. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Software versions:
Slimserver 6.5.1 running under Win2K SP4.
Softsqueeze 3.2, Java 1.5.0_06, running under Win2K SP3.

Triode
2007-01-17, 13:50
WMA stream?

Squeezebox decodes wma, but if you use softsqueeze the server needs to do it and assuming you are running windows it is able to do so as long as you have the relavent Microsoft components installed.

cliveb
2007-01-17, 15:38
WMA stream?

Squeezebox decodes wma, but if you use softsqueeze the server needs to do it and assuming you are running windows it is able to do so as long as you have the relavent Microsoft components installed.
Aha! Yes, I believe the station I was trying to listen to uses WMA. And my Slimserver machine certainly doesn't have Windows Media Player installed, which I presume is the simplest way to acquire the necessary decoding engine. Thanks for showing me the light.